Mantra of Solace: Aegis removed.

Carnifex.3275

Saying that it needed skill to skip boss attacks with your mantra is a huge insult. Its an instant cast mash skill. Whats there to time? Whats so "hard"? Look at chrono needing to time their signet cast so the group has aegis but more importantly you also have distort yourself. 

Not the biggest skill req I know, but people struggle with that. Then we also had the glory distort share days when you had the lesser SoI after you cast a phanatasma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hot take coming in from firebrand abuser doing fractals.
1 dps firebrand having aegis on heal was overpowerd as kitten and it invalidated half the dmg taken, having more then 1 fb ment you legit never had to avoid anything and just brute-forced all fights by aegis and healing without even having a healer
2 im NOT fine with heal fb losing aegis, it was skill expressive way of protecting the team, there are attacks that you can aegis-block for the team to enable them more dps windows.
3 Firebrand is still strong as kitten.
4 my only problem with the nerf is that it made the class less fun and skill expressive, I miss kittening up my aegis timing and getting yelled at by my friend.
good night sweet prince.

16 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

im NOT fine with heal fb losing aegis, it was skill expressive way of protecting the team, there are attacks that you can aegis-block for the team to enable them more dps windows.

They could've changed a trait to let the mantra give aegis if you are wielding a mace (or even directly change the skill). Then make mantra of potency give quickness only if you are wielding an axe (or cut the quickness duration to 25% when not wielding an axe). And boom, the snoozefest is slightly reduced - you must pay attention to your weapon swap. Hfb can focus on healing or on quickness, qfb cant spam aegis without losing dmg. Your toolbox remains, but is more spread out and situational.

Edited by Hotride.2187