Old Friends (Spoiler)

Steven.9426

I struggled for a couple of hours.  Relogged and restarted the instance and I continued to have problems.  Took a break from the game and got a friend to join my instance who had already completed it.

We discovered the jumps very rarely worked for me because of ping issues.  He could jump anywhere with no problem at will, and he reported how my character appeared to be running and doing other odd things from his vantage point. My ping was ranging from a low of 400 to the 700s.  That meant what I was visually seeing didn't match up with the server's reality.

If the jumps are failing for you and your ping is high, try waiting for the game to finish the full download before trying again.  I hope this helps someone else :)

Edited by Grunim.9034

Also having this problem. Download is done. I just naturally have high ping.

This wouldn't even be a problem if the instance didn't take away my skyscale and force me to use Aurene's jump.

I guess the entire expansion is unplayable just because I don't have the best internet service. Is there any possible work around at all?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

You can join a friend in their instance and get credit to advance.

This is what I ultimately had to do. Ended up waiting on the first ship for them to do all the fun stuff.

Not the best work around but at least I got to Cantha.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...