Unlocking new elite specs

So, I main ranger and have several of them. I had enough skill points to unlock the new Untamed elite for my world completion ranger and did so. Today I went to play my ranger that I mainly play in WvW and went to use the Untamed elite, and it appears I have to unlock the elite for that ranger as well, requiring another 250 skill points. Is that really a thing where I have to unlock the elite per character and not per account? Maybe I am missing something but I don't remember having to do that before with other expansions. Any help would be appreciated.

It IS in fact "250 Hero Points" per character for each elite.

As someone with too many alts -- like my core Ranger, my Druid, and my Soulbeast -- I'll probably be creating a new alt soon to run all over HoT and PoF maps to collect those points and make an Untamed. (Before EoD launched, I ran around with two other new alts collecting points for my Mechanist and Virtuoso, so I could train each of those elites in seconds after launch). 

Many people just keep collecting points on one character so their "Ranger" can alternate between two or three different elites -- but if I did that I might have to stop and swap gear around when I changed specializations. This way I pick an alt from the character screen and know that each is already geared how I want them.

Edited by MacChruim.1635
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grey.3179 said:

Thank you for the replies. I guess in the past I used Testimonies of Heroics to get the hero points for each character, but there is not an option to use previous Testimonies to do that this time.

You are now at least the second person to make that mistake ...

Hero points are universal. Just get the ones from HoT/PoF and you'll have more than enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grey.3179 said:

Thank you for the replies. I guess in the past I used Testimonies of Heroics to get the hero points for each character, but there is not an option to use previous Testimonies to do that this time.

Yea just use your old testimonies to max out core, hot and pof you will have more then enough hero points for all 3 elite specs.