Why cant siege turtle be used by only 1 person? (specifically shooting the cannon)

I understand its an MMO and you play with other people yada yada, but there's also a lot of people like playing alone. I really dislike not being able to shoot the cannons on the turtle and requiring someone else to be in it. What if that person just trolls my turtle and shoots random stuff instead of actually helping? It doesn't make sense to me.  Logically it doesn't make sense, you have a full control panel but can't shoot bullets? but the other side of the saddle can? And that's its only function? I think if you're by yourself in the turtle you should at least be able to shoot the bullets on your own, maybe decrease the ammo or what ever the logic behind not allowing the player to shoot it, is for. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

If they design a new mount, truely with the one and only intention to make the interactions between players more impactfull, fun and attraktive, why in all of the world should they make this mount solo playable?

Maybe you should learn to trust the people around you a little more. The fewest people want to troll, and you don't need to run around with other people and their turtle 24/7.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Hadi.6025 said:

I understand its an MMO and you play with other people yada yada, but there's also a lot of people like playing alone. I really dislike not being able to shoot the cannons on the turtle and requiring someone else to be in it. What if that person just trolls my turtle and shoots random stuff instead of actually helping? It doesn't make sense to me.  Logically it doesn't make sense, you have a full control panel but can't shoot bullets? but the other side of the saddle can? And that's its only function? I think if you're by yourself in the turtle you should at least be able to shoot the bullets on your own, maybe decrease the ammo or what ever the logic behind not allowing the player to shoot it, is for. 

not all mmos do that, but its what gw2 majorly focuses on for some reason. Yea a lot of people do solo play but they like the friendly atmosphere of cooperation in this game design, doesn't mean you have to group though. True it would be nice to have a mini gun or something, i mean even tank drivers had that option. 😄

2 hours ago, Dathremar.5089 said:

So you don’t understand that it’s an MMO.

A Massively Multiplayer Online game. where in that does it say you must group for stuff?

You are going to tend to slide into that, but it's not required. but with turtles it is.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just made similar topic about it, so im gonna just post link instead typing everything again. 

I really can't undestand ppl saying, "its not a solo mount", Eod webpage says that mount CAN be used by two ppl. It doesnt says you can't solo (especially that you cant shoot solo) or even it SHOULD be used by 2 players. Its funny how ppl use MMO argument here just to fit their narrative.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Because there is a small but vocal minority who want the developers of games to force other people to play with them.

It's easy for the developers - if players actually adopt the idea and frequently co-operate - great, mission accomplished.

If it doesn't work out to be particularly successful, they just add the feature in later.