Spvp, mechanist is pretty good

ukuni.8745

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PewAk6RlxycZLsXWJOuPVxPA-z5gfGFMBqYBYrB

There's the build, most important thing you need to do is set a convenient hotkey for the "attack my target" button on your mech if your not spamming that button on your main target while your fighting there's a good chance your mech is going to spend majority of its time chasing that one target that ditched the fight to heal up and not actually doing anything useful, this next part i cant stress enough your mech has a massive distance it can engage enemy's at and there's a good chance its going to deal some fantastic damage before an enemy gets to you or before you get to them so always make sure your finding a target and getting your mech to engage well before the fight starts, know your positioning know your maps and pick your fights if there's a ledge that you can easily jump up or jump down your mech will take the 10km path instead field your self in more open areas and use your mechs massive engagement range to your advantage and last important piece of information your mech's default attack will deal incredible damage if its left to free fire on enemy's so always make sure its attacking a target, shift signet is massively important for landing big juicy jade mortars point blank (Shift signet to target->your CC of choice->jade mortar->energizing slam) this isn't to say you cant use shift signet for anything else but landing that combo point blank just deletes people so keep that in mind rather then using it to save your self a 2 seconds of traversal time, your healing over time is quite significant especially if someone is giving you regen before you decide to pop your heal see if you cant los and avoid damage while your mech shoots away at enemy's and you can recover without using a cooldown, condi clear is good if your comparing it to pre hot non elixir builds so condi bombs will be the death of you but facing condi enemy's is very doable and thus far have defiantly been preferable targets for me to face, your mech will do a large chunk of your damage but your autos and 2nd skill can do some pritty decent damage to so dont be afraid to whack on people if your confident you can come out on top of blow trade, the build isnt all just about sitting at range and letting your mech do all the work you have alot of cc and blocks that also cc so get into the fights and cc kitten.

is it better then scrapper or holosmith? couldn't tell ya thus far but if you can micro manage the kitten out of that mech i think itll be competitive.

also feel free to use what ever runes and sigils ya like they arnt that important.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ixon.2496 said:

Nerfs cant come soon enough.

I'd say it needs a 30% nerf on the default attack for spvp but because its relying on ai its probably just going to be a mid/low rank pub stomper 

2 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Dont think this build is any good. You dont really have much damage or survivability, and Jade Dynamo being bugged hurts it even more. 

The damage and survival comes from how you use the mech, I didn't realise it was bugged whats the deal there?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ukuni.8745 said:

I'd say it needs a 30% nerf on the default attack for spvp but because its relying on ai its probably just going to be a mid/low rank pub stomper 

Damage is already low on the auto, nerfing it further would be silly.

3 hours ago, ukuni.8745 said:

The damage and survival comes from how you use the mech, I didn't realise it was bugged whats the deal there?

The intended chance to trigger is 33%. It appears to be less than 10% in actuality?

• Like 1

Haven't tried it a lot - in PvE I play with focus on power. For PvE actually trying to go for conditions mainly. The trait that gives ranged attacks to the bot ... seems not too good though. (Harder to coordinate the signete active stuff that centers around the mech if he is away from the enemies cause of ranged ... while I am melee with the mace.)

Alacrity stuff for fractals/groups maybe. But then again: I'm a "noob" and only play for fun ha ha. The recent I tried was focus on conditions with ranged attacks trait (switching this to melee which gives burning or bleeding I think ... instead of vulnerability - the first trait option at the left) and the one that increases signets (+ still giving their passive when they are on CD so I actually can use them a lot).

For clarification: I'm actually only playing in silver/gold lol. (So yeah - really noob.) I have never really gotten into Scrapper/Holo - liked them for PvE but preferred my rifle (CC from skill 4) for PvP and stayed with core engineer so far. At the recent placements with playing around in that lower skill tier I even got a few times (usually that one was the rarest for me) the top stat for most damage lol.

I think I still use the explosive trait line as in PvE mecha. (Since if I remember correctly the mace 3rd attack shows explosive.) 3rd trait ... need to check later. Maybe posting my PvE and PvP stuff to get feedback from the pro players. 😄

Edited by Luthan.5236