Cannot salvage items aquired while doing the "Aurora: Awakening" sub-collections [Merged]

On 9/20/2022 at 9:45 AM, altermaven.7385 said:

Blocks progress?: No (This does not have an effect on collection progression)

It may not be blocking progress, but I'd call what, 22+ items sitting in my precious bag space that

- can't be sold

- can't be salvaged

- are worth 100 UM each so I'd really rather not destroy them

....blocking something. 

I'll take a free extra bag slot on that character and a 24 slot bag in lieu of fixing the issue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The collections needed for the "Aurora : Awakening " achievement , have trophies that are salvageable for unbound magic. After the launch of the expansion i can no longer salvage them , they appear salvageable but nothing happens. Here is a list of the trophies I have so far that are broken.

If anyone knows more broken items please add them to the post.

1. Searing Ascender
  2. Scouting Party Supporter
  3. Fiery Liberator
  4. Friend of Golems
  5. Enemy of the Inquest
  6. Flask of Tears
  7. Bloodstone-Charged Lava Wurm Scale
  8. Spirit Bough
  9. Aestus Heart
  10. Albino Orchid
  11. Ancient Asuran Wrench
  12. Depleted Power Source

Currently, all of my items for the Aurora collection are not salvageable. This includes anything from the Flask of Tears to heart completion items, such as the Frontline Defender. As others have reported, this was just fine before EoD, but now that I'm returning to the collection I can't salvage any of the Aurora-specific items. Armor items still seem to salvage fine, but they weren't created for the collection. Considering the age of some of the merged topics here, it's unfortunate this is taking so long to fix. I don't want to destroy these items and not get the UM, since it's the only reward you even get for all the karma and time spent until you finish the whole thing.

I'm trying to be patient, but my inventory, alt inventories and bank are full with this stuff. I have every single item you get from Aurora clogging it up. It's got to be close to 80 items. 😒 

Lucky me, I decided to start this right when this patch went in and broke it all. 😆

I just started these collections on an alt account and I thought I would hang onto the items until a fix. I had no idea that this has been an issue basically since EoD released...

I'd have to farm that Unbound Magic I'm losing this way but it's better than sitting on dozens of items for who knows how long.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:55 AM, MikeG.6389 said:

I just started these collections on an alt account and I thought I would hang onto the items until a fix. I had no idea that this has been an issue basically since EoD released...

I'd have to farm that Unbound Magic I'm losing this way but it's better than sitting on dozens of items for who knows how long.

It hasn't been broken that long. Read the whole thread. It was fixed in March and broke again in the latest patch on Sept 13th. I think 3 weeks is far too long, but it's not been since EoD release. 

Edit: IT IS FIXED! Ty!

Edited by Catnip.3580
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:26 PM, Catnip.3580 said:

It hasn't been broken that long. Read the whole thread. It was fixed in March and broke again in the latest patch on Sept 13th. I think 3 weeks is far too long, but it's not been since EoD release. 

Edit: IT IS FIXED! Ty!

Yeah, I haven't read the whole thread. Rarely ever do if it has multiple pages.

Luckily, I am not far into the collections so I only lost about 2k Unbound Magic, but I was discarding the items as I got them...