Can we have a bank and trading post in Kaeining City?

I know this is a minor thing, but I feel like this map could really use essential services to give it some use, aside from the nighttime meta, during daytime there isn't much to do other than very minor events. Since its a city I can understand there not being huge events but, at the very least we could then have other things such as a bank and trading post. In fact, in the Minsistry Headquarters Point of Interest there is a huge golden vault with npcs behind stands on one side, and on the other side some other npcs. This looks like it was originally intended to be a bank and TP, but never made it in.

It would be great to add these, that way it could become a staple hangout spot for a lot of players.

as i said, during the day the map has not much going on, and this area in particular is devoid of enemies it seems, so it would be a perfect fit.

Edited by BlackBullWings.2734
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, that would be great. I mean, even Crystal Oasis has that service and it's not a city. Same for the starter maps of each race and a few other maps like Sparkfly Fen (even though it only has crafting stations) and Mount Maelstrom. They have at least a bank and/or trading post as well. 
However we've got Arborstone for that too but you'll have to unlockl it through masteries first. 
New Kaineng being desplayed as a metropolis and such doesn't really make sense if they have no access to a bank or let  alone a trading post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Yeah, that would be great. I mean, even Crystal Oasis has that service and it's not a city. Same for the starter maps of each race and a few other maps like Sparkfly Fen (even though it only has crafting stations) and Mount Maelstrom. They have at least a bank and/or trading post as well. 
However we've got Arborstone for that too but you'll have to unlockl it through masteries first. 
New Kaineng being desplayed as a metropolis and such doesn't really make sense if they have no access to a bank or let  alone a trading post. 

exactly, I understand not wanting to put everything on kaeining. Definitely don't mind there not being crafting stations, but at the very least a bank and TP wouldn't really be that big of a deal. Also, I just checked the area I mentioned (Ministry's Headquarters) and not a single event or enemy mob spawns there. With the layout of the area too, it looks like it was 100% intended to have bank and TP services.

• Like 4

I thought it makes sense that there's no black lion trading post and bank since Cantha has been "cut off" from rest of Tyria, and crafting stations include bank tab too. One reason why they added Arborstone and the mastery track for it, to make it a hub for players.

35 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

Also, I just checked the area I mentioned (Ministry's Headquarters) and not a single event or enemy mob spawns there. With the layout of the area too, it looks like it was 100% intended to have bank and TP services.

I noticed this too, there's even a vault door in the nothern reception area. Maybe they'll add these services in the future, if/when with new living world season Cantha "opens up" to the rest of the world.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 3

Hadn't had a chance to notice there wasn't either available in Kaineng.  I suppose there's the lore excuse of being isolated from Tyria preventing access to Tyrian banks and trading posts, but as was previously stated Amnoon has both despite also being separated from mainland Tyria.  Yeah I'd like to be able to access these basic services without having to go all the back to Tyria.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Hadn't had a chance to notice there wasn't either available in Kaineng.  I suppose there's the lore excuse of being isolated from Tyria preventing access to Tyrian banks and trading posts, but as was previously stated Amnoon has both despite also being separated from mainland Tyria.  Yeah I'd like to be able to access these basic services without having to go all the back to Tyria.

I mean then is it lore breaking to use portable banks and TP's via an icon in our inventory on Cantha? And then since we get one eventually anyway, doesn't make much lore sense wise to restrict it, when other places had the same reasons but still got it anyway, and we eventually get it anyway too. 

Essentially, just more NPC's on the EoD maps in general would be great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering that too, yes. With all the jade tech and industry 4.0 stuff going on the city really misses a bank, a trading post and a "resting xp" inn as in Arborstone. It just feels off and not very lore wise to have all this in a gothic cathedral ruin amidst a bunch of towering trees. Even the mastery line would make more sense in Kaineng City, especially given their names like "Globalisation". Hell, it's mainstream Cantha that wants to open up to Tyria etc. and not the remnants of the Kurzicks.

• Like 3