Reaper Grandmaster traits

Xuazinegueri.3592

Can we please address Deathly Chill Reaper Trait? I mean, it's a grandmaster condi trait in a spec already stated to be power oriented by ANET that got nerfed so many times that even if you were to play condi reaper nowadays, you would go for reaper onslaught for obvious reasons. Idk how they could address this, but I like the idea of having a trait that, at least, gives you the option to build something different than the usual, so I would like to see it being a condi oriented trait.

How to address:

- Reverting to the original trait where chill used to do damage;

- Changing bleeding to something else more useful like poison, that doesnt do much more damage but at least seems to be a better condi overall;

- Increasing number of bleeding stacks, maybe using a treshold system to not be too much oppressive (tbh, I doubt someone even fears bleeding nowadays);

Or revamp the whole trait to something different, but please do something about it, cuz no one will ever use it the way it is...

Also, would be great to see Reaper's Onslaugh quickness becoming baseline so you could at least choose between the other 2 traits, Blighter's Boon looks like a good option but losing quickness hurts reaper so hard that it's never worth running it. Ofc this would come with a nerf on the grandmaster traits so reaper doesnt get out of line, specially in pvp but at least you would have to think on what to choose instead of just always going for Reaper's Onslaught

Which game modes to you refer to?

Condi Reaper and Power Reaper do almost the same dps in PvE. The traits are balanced there.

For PvP and WvW that 1 bleed is a bit underpowered but the chill sources of Reaper are that excessive that 2 bleeds would be too strong. Stacking 20 bleeds and cover them with at least 3 trash conditions would be way too easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I agree that Deathly Chill could use a little bit of a buff, or even a rework, but I think Reaper's Onslaught is a lot more in need of a change than Deathly Chill.

It's one of those traits that limits build diversity just by virtue of being so good that you're going to pick Onslaught on literally any build you use with Reaper. Every class has at least a few traits like this where one of them is going to be the obvious pick no matter what build you're using it with, and that's not a good thing.

I think Reaper Shroud could use a baseline attack speed increase, maybe 33%, and Reaper's Onslaught should have Quickness removed. Maybe buff the Ferocity gain just a tiny little bit, from like 300 to 350. It'll still be a very good trait, but at least the other two options will be able to compete.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xuazinegueri.3592 said:

- Reverting to the original trait where chill used to do damage;

No! Just no! The original design of the trait was good for a solo player alone and doing his own thing but simply aweful for any group content.

20 hours ago, Xuazinegueri.3592 said:

- Changing bleeding to something else more useful like poison, that doesnt do much more damage but at least seems to be a better condi overall;

Bleeding's fine. Also, only torment and burn would "satisfy" people and that's just because both conditions are OP.

20 hours ago, Xuazinegueri.3592 said:

- Increasing number of bleeding stacks, maybe using a treshold system to not be too much oppressive (tbh, I doubt someone even fears bleeding nowadays);

The number of stacks is fine and people do fear bleeding. People fear all freakin' conditions even the one that don't damage them. It's to the point that you have at least 1 thread a week that hate on conditions.

The issue of the reaper's grandmaster traits is that Reaper's onslaught is too domineering. It's simply too strong compared to other options. Personally I'd strip quickness out of the Reaper's onslaught and promote Dread by making it proc on "disabling a foe" instead of just the fear proc.

Strictly speaking, condi reaper don't need a buff atm so there is no reason to touch Deathly chill.

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

No! Just no! The original design of the trait was good for a solo player alone and doing his own thing but simply aweful for any group content.

Well, I mostly do PvP only so I really don't know about raids and stuff. For me, this trait is literally useless and I will never pick it, even playing condi reaper.

Bleeding's fine. Also, only torment and burn would "satisfy" people and that's just because both conditions are OP.

The number of stacks is fine and people do fear bleeding. People fear all freakin' conditions even the one that don't damage them. It's to the point that you have at least 1 thread a week that hate on conditions.

Torment is not as good as it was before, again, idk for PvE where boss keep still because of people stacking and tanking but for pvp it lost a lot of its potential. Burning is too strong and we already have Dhuumfire. That's why poison, more damage but not as abusive as burning but also gives more utility by reducing healing.

No, they dont. 3 stacks of burning can effectively do more damage than 12 stacks of bleeding considering how long bleeding takes to do damage and how many cleanses are flying around. Ok, we can have a lot of condis to cover the bleeding but I doubt that you can stack bleeding so hard again after getting them cleansed and your skills are on cd, and dropping reaper's onslaught make you miserable on everything else other than stacking bleeding.

The issue of the reaper's grandmaster traits is that Reaper's onslaught is too domineering. It's simply too strong compared to other options. Personally I'd strip quickness out of the Reaper's onslaught and promote Dread by making it proc on "disabling a foe" instead of just the fear proc.

I agree that Reaper's Onslaught should be addressed but I would like to see it sticking to reaper's traitline, I feel more like its identity than core necro itself. Also, this could open future problems when using in another elite specs and making core necro being targeted for nerfs instead of the actual elite that's overperforming.

20 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

I think Reaper Shroud could use a baseline attack speed increase, maybe 33%, and Reaper's Onslaught should have Quickness removed. Maybe buff the Ferocity gain just a tiny little bit, from like 300 to 350. It'll still be a very good trait, but at least the other two options will be able to compete.

It's a no brainer why the don't do this.

That 33% would stack with quickness and boost reaper dps and burst through the roof the moment it has access to a quickness source.

The whole quicknes thing was just implemented to prevent further attack speed stacking (and to add a tiny bit of counterplay via corrupts, but that's miniscule).

Edited by KrHome.1920