Untamed zergling WvW build

Abyssisis.3971

Untamed does have some wvw Zerg potential. I’m looking into NM, BM and untamed with blue moa and turtle as pets on avoid combat.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEcEWoMDWITjhxcx0+aNqOhbA-zVJYjR3/Jo4B-w

Gameplay wise, I just ignore what anet is trying to make Untamed to be and just camp Unleashed ranger with pets on guard, till needing Unleashed Pet skill 2 and 3 or condi removal and no even worry about Ambush skills, it’s a tact on unreliable mechanic that should never have been added. Running the above build allows me to do the following…

2 aoe healing skills with moa and traited invigorating bond, one of which provides aoe protection on a 20 cooldown.

2 projectile blocks with turtle skill 3 and enveloping haze, turtles projectile block also provides pulsing aoe protection.

swapping pets for aoe vigor and fury

traited commands for aoe regen and swiftness

warhorn for aoe might, fury, swiftness

Axe 1, superior runes of fireworks and warhorn 5 for plenty of might generation for you and your pet

forest fortifications for defensive buff/boons/stab

boon share with pet with fortifying bond + We heal as One = plenty of boons on you without having to rely on allies 👌

It hits like a wet noodle, but the idea is to stay alive with your Zerg supporting them rather than being a bag for the enemies.

Edited by Abyssisis.3971

So long as you can't keep pet stowed in combat it is not going to be strong in groups. Maybe it will be workable in roaming.

I don't see why it can't stow pet in unleash ranger state:
* Druid = no pet stow, also celestial avatar hasn't been rebalanced in WVW/PVP
* core ranger = meme
* soulbeast = stanceshare soulbeast

Untamed could be similar to core ranger and druid in that you have 2 pets but can stow in Unleash Ranger state. Just this simple change would make it much more workable , it has boon rip but nowhere near as strong as spellbreaker.

edit: if they don't want to have stow pet on Unleash Ranger state, have the pet always invis if the ranger is invis.

Edited by Infusion.7149

23 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

So long as you can't keep pet stowed in combat it is not going to be strong in groups. Maybe it will be workable in roaming.

I don't see why it can't stow pet in unleash ranger state:
* Druid = no pet stow, also celestial avatar hasn't been rebalanced in WVW/PVP
* core ranger = meme
* soulbeast = stanceshare soulbeast

Untamed could be similar to core ranger and druid in that you have 2 pets but can stow in Unleash Ranger state. Just this simple change would make it much more workable , it has boon rip but nowhere near as strong as spellbreaker.

edit: if they don't want to have stow pet on Unleash Ranger state, have the pet always invis if the ranger is invis.

I mean they can also delete untamed and just give soulbeast a hammer for the same effect, no?

Because, I don't see a point in justifying 'enhanced core' for zerging; outside of handicapping yourself, it's pointless.  Not that the ideas presented here aren't workable--I'm more attacking the idea of anet thinking Untamed was a good idea in the first place, and especially in group settings.

That is the corner though, now isn't it.  Stowing.  By making it a 'profession mechanic' of soulbeast, every other spec becomes inferior.  The only way to fix this and keep that uniqueness is buff pet defenses somehow.  A breakbar like Jade Mech would be nice for starters.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t get me wrong, I prefer soulbeast over untamed, but I’ve spent thousands of hours on stanceshare and pewpew one shot builds and I’m bored of those. This untamed build is just making the most of a bad situation and being somewhat useful without having to change to another class.

Are there improvements to be made to untamed, ofcourse, but will it get done? Probs not. So again, I’m just making the most of a bad situation and having a different style of gameplay that somewhat works, even though it is handicapped by the pet.

Edited by Abyssisis.3971
  • Like 2