Don't boycott in map.

I want to first start with thanking the developers for an amazing expansion. Overall its been enjoyable and a huge dose of nostalgia for me. 

But I think since anet won't address the elephant in the room that is the DE meta.  Users should boycott the game, if they see an analytics dip then they have to make a decision.

Idk thats my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Do I encourage this behavior? no. 

Do I understand why people do it? yes. 

blame the decision to limit the amount of players in that map. 

I should of also stated I'm not for or against the difficulty of the meta, but based on the community reaction from both sides Anet has to see this is an issue.

I've seen people opening lfg to boycott maps. Honestly I find it pretty funny how they manage to gather enough people to try and sabotage a map instead of trying to to form a good party with what they have. But whatever if they want to waste their time, it's their choice.

With how much noise the meta event is making within the community Anet will definitely do something. Whether it is something people will like or hate is another matter. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

They know it's an issue.

I only care about the game succeeding into the future because I love this game and have invested significant amount of my time into playing and enjoying this game. When players are vocally hating this over the forum on the level that posts are happening, then there is a big issue.

Yes, I read that and those updates but based off forum activity there is still many posts where the community is still divided. When the community is divided in this way its going to drive a group of players away from the game. 

There is story lore in this meta, and I would think that Anet would want this meta to be completable by as many players as possible. Even the open world explorers who don't care about their mechanical skill of the game, or optimizing their builds. 

Me personally I love the challenge just wish it was instanced like Dragon Storm, or Twisted Mar.

This is one week from launch of an expac, all users should feel their best. There are depressed and worn out users from this open world event. Anet needs to dig deep and try to implement something to meet the middle asap to prevent as many loses as possible, like maybe reward tiers (gold, silver, bronze) or extend the hard enrage out.