Edgy dialog

19 minutes ago, Nightgunner.2896 said:

That isn't what you said the your issue was before. The word "bigot" has existed since the late 1500s. It's not a "new word" or some kind of "modern political concept". They're simply using a word for its well-known definition. That's how language works.

Don't bother explaining it to them since they won't get it. But yes, the ministry of purity are bigots and have been for a long time. A-net used the right word for the quest. I gave up on understanding people that are defending the Purists. I will just wait for the mods to shut this down like all the others.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Nightgunner.2896 said:

That isn't what you said the your issue was before. The word "bigot" has existed since the late 1500s. It's not a "new word" or some kind of "modern political concept". They're simply using a word for its well-known definition. That's how language works.

You have got to be kidding me.  I'm actually laughing right now at how much you're trying to defend this by pretending to be ignorant about the power and meaning behind that word in today's political climate.

Also, I'm still waiting for that example I requested.  When was GW ever political in the modern sense?  Maybe my memory is foggy but I don't seem to remember "She / Her" Gwen running up to me in pre-searing and calling me a bigot.  Who knows, maybe they've added that.  I should go check!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Jaunty.6018 said:

Yes, let's silence everyone who has a different opinion.  That'll work really well for the game and this broken development team that just put out the most divisive content in the franchise.  It's funny to me how you don't see the problem with that, and the irony of a team that preaches against intolerance while being intolerant themselves.

Listen I already reported this for getting too political. I am tired of people trying to justify the ministry of purity because they don't like the word biggot being used when it is the correct term because they can't see past current politics and not see the word as just a word. I am done here though. /peace

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Lol  this is the one section of the expansion that I've praised.

EDIT: To expand upon this, it's the modernisation of the language to such detailed a point, such as  Kaineng citizens using the term 'MinSec' to describe the Ministry of Security. It's fantastic.

You would be surprised at how drastically language use evolves in a decade and a half in  real-time. 

What I'm seeing in the OP's post is remnants of puritanism from OP's part of the world (I'm making an educated guess) that they tend of cling to whilst being in denial of doing so. But I'm probably completely wrong. 

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I Wonder if this thread lasts the day, been a few of these now that Anet has deleted or hidden. Any post that talks about the dialogue eventually gets censored, if it has not already by the time I type this. They censoring this subject hard. 
Seems like they want to be able to suddenly start cussing in game, completely out of nowhere, and to add their bias into it, spoiling the story. But hey, we don't have to listen to the story, just alt tab and play something else/ watch something. 

I did that when I first got to Kaineng after I dumped the lady into the water by hoping off the boat, walked to the first enemy, alt tabbed for 30 mins, alt tabbed back and the story just ended and I Got the bot, was nice. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1