What 2 Trees Work With Virtuoso?

Akisohida.8963

I can't seem to figure out what 2 skill trees work with Virtuoso's e-spec tree. Like, at all.

I am open to suggestions for how to build Virtuoso for PvE mostly (though I am currently PvPing for Marks of Heroics, so PvP advice works, too).

Like, what 2 other skill trees work? Should I build for Power, Condi Damage? Crits?

Do 'Shattering' traits work when I use my Bladesong skills? Or should I avoid them?

For open world pve you can kind of play whatever. If you like throwing out shatters then illusions + dom or dueling. If you like staff then use chaos, for greatsword use dom. As far as I know most of the shatter and clone traits work with virtuoso, though there are probably still some bugs.

For pvp it depends more on the enemy comp. Condi with dueling or illusions can 1 shot people who dont have quick cleanse access, but its pretty useless if the enemy has supports. Power seems weaker dps wise, but it can do much better vs tanky builds. For instance the shattered concentration trait in dominaition rips 1 boon per blade used. Nothing seems really op, but there multiple builds that seem decent enough.

2 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

For open world pve you can kind of play whatever. If you like throwing out shatters then illusions + dom or dueling. If you like staff then use chaos, for greatsword use dom. As far as I know most of the shatter and clone traits work with virtuoso, though there are probably still some bugs.

For pvp it depends more on the enemy comp. Condi with dueling or illusions can 1 shot people who dont have quick cleanse access, but its pretty useless if the enemy has supports. Power seems weaker dps wise, but it can do much better vs tanky builds. For instance the shattered concentration trait in dominaition rips 1 boon per blade used. Nothing seems really op, but there multiple builds that seem decent enough.

Huh. I was just told 'Virtuoso is a mess; most Illusion skills don't work on them, because Ilusions are replaced with Daggers'

Now I'm wondering which is true.

Edited by Akisohida.8963

The Dueling/Dom build is good for raids/fractals/strikes.  For wandering the open world, you'll want to run illusions.

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority Complex

Illusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal Force

Virtuoso: Mental Focus, PHantasmal Blade, Infinite Forge

Weapons are for personal preference, but I prefer to run D/P + S/S.  With this setup, Bladesong Harmony has a 10.5 second cooldown, and all of your phantasms will give you might, fury, and quickness.  Compounding Power activates whenever you stock a blade, so it should be capped when fighting.  

• Like 1