Having 2 End of DRagons Expedition Contracts

Hey, so i bought the EoD expedition contract out of the TP without realizing that the supply drop contained one as well. so now i'm sitting with one in my invintory that i can't use. i summited a bug report but have had no response sense. was hoping that posting this might get an answer. 

3 minutes ago, XgoroX.6920 said:

Hey, so i bought the EoD expedition contract out of the TP without realizing that the supply drop contained one as well. so now i'm sitting with one in my invintory that i can't use. i summited a bug report but have had no response sense. was hoping that posting this might get an answer. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Quick reminder: The problem DeanBB.4268 mentioned ... still persists. I received the contract from the supply drop. Yet the store is offering me another one - explicitely mentioning that I can buy one more.

My guess is: Those special stuff tracks a variable related to the gem store (how many got sold). Instead of actually checking the stuff enabled in the account. (That is why we also can't buy the missing shared inventory slot ... that people  that bought the PoF bundled with HoT are missing: It just does not know because it does not check the actually existing stuff. It instead tracks the sales.)

Comes with the advantage that you can't buy too much. (Checking that exists in the account would probably be too hard if it tried to check all the chars. So it would have to check the enabled stuff but if someone still has the item in the inventory - not enabled yet - it might not recognize this.)

Leads to weird behaviour though. (As here in the example.) I wonder if they could change this for certain items only. Best case: It stops people from buying duplicates they can't use. Worst case ... they might buy too much (if someone buys 1 from the store ... does not enable it and buys another one and the system prevents him from buying more only after he enabled the first one) - but then only for the certain items where they changed it. Where it would make sense to check the actually enabled stuff in the account. Or at least a hint in the item descriptions additionally.

On a side note: The trading post as well as the bl statuette vendor: Both have the advanced crafting nodes for basic materials (wood, ore and stuff) ... the trading post only (where people sold it when it dropped from chests) certain leather and cloth racks. There it also would be nice to have a red text "this item already has been unlocked" on them. (There an easy check should be possible.) Never bought any duplicates cause I always manually checked. But for convenience (more easily checking) ... this would be nice to have. When we already have it from stuff like recipes - for example. Or collection unlock items.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 1