Guild Wars 1 Skins

After playing several hours of End of Dragons, I have found myself reminiscing about the good ole days of GW1.

Does anyone else think it would be awesome to see Dragon Gauntlets, Dread Mask, Mask of Mo Zing, etc from GW1 as skins in GW2?

They've given us some of the Primeval armor skins and Chaos gauntlets but I'd love to see more.

I posted a ticket to Arenanet and they advised I post this idea here to see how much interest it generates. Lets bring them back!

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

DEAR GOD YES!! Far more than can be reasonably expected to ever be included and a short list is hard for me to settle on.  I would like them to bring back one or two more assassin armors, the Vabbian set was always one of my favorites, and I'd like to see something from the various Luxon and Kurzick armor sets.  As for weapons I've a few favorites that I'd really love to see: the Emerald Blade for one-handed swords, Toriimo's Torch/Embercrest Staff, the EotN version of the Asura Longbow, the classic Mesmer Cane wand, and perhaps the Oppressor weapon set since there's already GW2 version of the Destroyer and Tormented sets.

• Like 2

I miss most of the armour and weapon skins from GW1. Especially the tormented shield and black dyed voltaic spear. The GW2 version of the tormented shield is fugly, in my opinion. It isn't as detailed, isn't as large, isn't as stunning/beautiful as the GW1 version.

The black dyed voltaic spear was also one of those weapons that had that WOW factor, especially with the pulsating/electric animation.

I really miss GW1 armour and weapons. I was really happy when I noticed the "ancient canthan" medium shoulders, gloves, and boots, were as similar to:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Assassin_Vabbian_armor

As we'll probably ever get in our GW2 lifetime, so I immediately re-skinned my thief for the ancient canthan skins so that I could get a relatively similar look to the assassin vabbian armour.

I just hope they don't come back as outfits, because I won't buy them in that case - I want individual skins - we don't need any more 'onesies'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I miss most of the armour and weapon skins from GW1. Especially the tormented shield and black dyed voltaic spear. The GW2 version of the tormented shield is fugly, in my opinion. It isn't as detailed, isn't as large, isn't as stunning/beautiful as the GW1 version.

The black dyed voltaic spear was also one of those weapons that had that WOW factor, especially with the pulsating/electric animation.

I really miss GW1 armour and weapons. I was really happy when I noticed the "ancient canthan" medium shoulders, gloves, and boots, were as similar to:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Assassin_Vabbian_armor

As we'll probably ever get in our GW2 lifetime, so I immediately re-skinned my thief for the ancient canthan skins so that I could get a relatively similar look to the assassin vabbian armour.

I just hope they don't come back as outfits, because I won't buy them in that case - I want individual skins - we don't need any more 'onesies'.

The medium Ancient Canthan armor is analogous to the general design of most of the Factions assassin armors, which is why its the only EoD armor I'm ok with, but it still pales in comparison to the Vabbian assassin armor (and not because it lacks the blade/spikes).

3 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Considering the amount of gw1 armor skins we have as outfits I'm sadly expecting any more gw1 armor skins to come back the same way 😕

2 minutes ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

Considering the amount of gw1 armor skins we have as outfits I'm sadly expecting any more gw1 armor skins to come back the same way 😕

True armor sets are ALWAYS preferable, but if they make any of my old favorites as outfits WITHOUT screwing around with the basic design (like they sorta did when they made the "True Assassin's Guise" from the Seitung Assassin armor) then I'm willing to setting. I didn't do a ton of armor mixing back in my GW1 days so if provided with those sets I'll likely not need to be able to mix them in GW2.

• Like 1

The Factions armour set were amazing, just look at the Exotic Assassin sets. I also love every monk armor, I was always sad for not digging this profession enough, I'd love to have a pretty monk in GW1. Nightfall armor sets are also dope, especially the Primeval sets. All Ritualist armors look kitten too.