Phoenix Protocol + Battle Presence bug (not sharing alac)

Carnifex.3275

As title says. Today tried to see how well WB can share alacrity. At first it worked, for the first cast of F2. And then it stopped. Tried switching traits and switching back. Tried relogging. Tried in combat and out of combat. Changed maps. And i just couldnt get it working, F2 applies only regen and no other boons. Any1 can test it out? Did it work for u?

• Like 1

It's a bit confusing but Willbender has no passive abilities on its own. Instead you need to activate the virtue first and then you will gain that virtue's effect, allowing you access to those abilities. Then you will trigger the effect every 5 hits when under the virtue's effect.

So when you activate Flowing Resolve, you'll have the resolve effect for 8s. Only during these 8 seconds will you be able to use resolve at all. Every 5 hits you make when Resolve is active triggers the effect

Phoneix Protocol only gives Alacrity when the virtue's effect triggers, so....

* If you don't activate f2, you don't give alarcity

* If f2 already expired, you don't give alarcrity.

* If you activate f2 and don't hit anything, you don't give alacrity.

* Yes, that means there is no way to prebuff Alarcrity except on yourself via the middle trait.,

* The alacrity you saw was from the middle trait, and regen is from virtues.

The easiest way to do it would be to cast a symbol on the enemy, and then activate f2 as it pulses. This way you will already be landing hits as soon as resolve starts, instead of wasting time casting something after it starts.

I honestly think Phoenix Protocol should not require Battle Presence, but whatever.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 3/10/2022 at 10:33 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It's a bit confusing but Willbender has no passive abilities on its own. Instead you need to activate the virtue first and then you will gain that virtue's effect, allowing you access to those abilities. Then you will trigger the effect every 5 hits when under the virtue's effect.

So when you activate Flowing Resolve, you'll have the resolve effect for 8s. Only during these 8 seconds will you be able to use resolve at all. Every 5 hits you make when Resolve is active triggers the effect

Phoneix Protocol only gives Alacrity when the virtue's effect triggers, so....

* If you don't activate f2, you don't give alarcity

* If f2 already expired, you don't give alarcrity.

* If you activate f2 and don't hit anything, you don't give alacrity.

* Yes, that means there is no way to prebuff Alarcrity except on yourself via the middle trait.,

* The alacrity you saw was from the middle trait, and regen is from virtues.

The easiest way to do it would be to cast a symbol on the enemy, and then activate f2 as it pulses. This way you will already be landing hits as soon as resolve starts, instead of wasting time casting something after it starts.

I honestly think Phoenix Protocol should not require Battle Presence, but whatever.

Thing is... even with Battle Presence it doesn't share alac. Even during that "passive" window while you're attacking something near your ally. 

I think they changed Battle Presence for Willbender. They made it so you won't be able to share alac. I think i understand what's happening now. We weren't supposed to share alac in the first place. Here's the text Willbender: Heal allies when your Resolve effect triggers.

Edited by Dave.6819

11 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

Thing is... even with Battle Presence it doesn't share alac. Even during that "passive" window while you're attacking something near your ally. 

I think they changed Battle Presence for Willbender. They made it so you won't be able to share alac. I think i understand what's happening now. We weren't supposed to share alac in the first place. Here's the text Willbender: Heal allies when your Resolve effect triggers.

This really should be clarified by the developers. To me, that references the normal Resolve passive for Willbender. Phoenix Protocol then replaces that healing with Alacrity.

Ergo, Battle Presence + Pheonix Protocol should share Alacrity with the party within 600 units.

1 hour ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

This really should be clarified by the developers. To me, that references the normal Resolve passive for Willbender. Phoenix Protocol then replaces that healing with Alacrity.

Ergo, Battle Presence + Pheonix Protocol should share Alacrity with the party within 600 units.

Yup that's why i'm thinking it's a bug.