Jade Bot Rescue Protocol should be reworked, mastering it rather punishes you than rewarding you

When I mastered Jade Bot to max and unlocked the "Rescue Protocol" I was under the assumption that it would be an extra option along other revive options and not that it would completely overwrite your normal resurrection skill.

Since as it is now, it doesn't grant you an extra tactical option, instead it takes away one. You are forced to use it, even if it's not that urgent.

You don't want to waste it but want to help other players in helping you up again? Well, tough luck.

As it is now I rather feel more towards just dying and returning to not waste it at important key moments than to use my resurrection now at all.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

Wait really? That is how they designed it? Why Anet?

Who'd think forcing you to use it to help yourself revive was a good idea? 
better to save it when needed, if you not getting hit there's no point to waste it, if allies are reviving now it'll be better to not help them? 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

When I mastered Jade Bot to max and unlocked the "Rescue Protocol" I was under the assumption that it would be an extra option along other revive options and not that it would completely overwrite your normal resurrection skill.

Yes. I was under the same assumption. It should not replace the actual revive/downed skill but should be an extra option.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

I find myself lying there as long as possible hoping for a rez from players so I don't waste it on something unimportant.

It seems like Anet just didn't want to make the Jade bot useful or noticeable at all, while at the same time making it sometimes useful. Imagine if Mounts were character bound and you had to buy the Griffon for every alt. They seem to have tried their hardest to make sure this thing is not "too" good but still "Good". 

Eventually I can see us just automatically using it on cd and just not caring that it exists. 

• Like 2

The problem here is the jade bots cores not being account bound. they couldn't have the UI changing a bunch and people needing to know different buttons so they had to overlay it so you wouldn't get confused on character swap. it's yet ANOTHER problem caused by the extreme anti-alt-friendliness of the jade bot system

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473
  • Like 1