Dawn/Dusk Fishing

The RNG for Dawn/Dusk fishing needs to go away. It shouldn't take more than 1 Tyrian day cycle to catch a single dusk/dawn fish. 
I have been through 2-4 day cycles in come areas to get even just 1 fish during dawn/dusk. This is with 900% fishing power too. 

Anet, either increase the RNG chance or make it a 100% guarantee catch chance when you have max power. I shouldn't have to AFK

on the lake while I wait for the next hour of dusk/dawn to come around again. I would like to be playing other parts of the game. That 

or at least allow the fishing party buff to stay on a character if you log off. That way I can play with a different character in the mean time, and

then come back once dawn/dusk is about to start. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I'd love it if there were two separate buffs, one for when fishing in your skiff can be "Fishing Party", and one that is only active when not on your skiff. I hate having to be forced to fish on a skiff when you need a fishing buff. Sometimes it's nice to just fly around and look for places to perch on the docks/shore/land to fish ya know? 

• Like 5

I couldn't agree more

1) extend the RNG

2) extend the dawn/dusk cycle imo for at least 15min, take just 10 away from day /night in both sides Cantha / Tyria because 5min on the timer is just fishing only in 2 pools then the dawn/dusk is totaly gone, this is nothing imo to less time to catch the right fish you need

OR

3) These fish at dawn/dusk need to be in "any" time to catch => solution => this solve the problem aswell

PS

1) I have been fishing for at least 48h with any succes only for 1 fish at dawn/dusk with no succes... AND TWILIGHT STRIKER DROPRATE IS INSANE , decrease these and buff others

2) Also all other "avid fishing" are bugged too except seitung

Edited by Evelynn.2518
  • Like 6

Agreed.

I started enjoying fishing while doing it for collections but once I started working on fishing in Kaing and encountered the Dusk/Dawn rng I stopped thinking fishing is fun.

I will stop fishing tbh until this is sorted. This is not fun at all.

• Like 3

Easy solution to three of the worst parts of fishing...

1. Get rid of this stupid any bait trait, we have 14 different types of bait, generally we have 2 different types of fishing pools + open water plus 3 time slots plus an unused and near pointless lure option not to mention we have FIVE different rarities, yet only about 3 different baits are used per group of zone fish. There is so much wasted potential here where all fish could favor a different bait and even lures.

2. Legendary fish are strangely more common than the aforementioned generic any bait fish and dawn/dusk can be pretty tedious with its very short time slots. Now legendary fish only benefit right now is ambergris chunks, give them the same treatment mackerals got and introduce a new 15th bait type that attracts dawn/dusk fish regardless of time of day, however this bait is given ONLY by trading in legendary fish to a fish vendor, so to gain this type of bait you are trading in a considerable profit of 2 ascended fillets and ambergris for the extra dusk/dawn chances.

3. For the love of god increase the fishing party duration when you're not on skiff, it's possible to lose your entire stacks by stopping to kill just a single mob thats relentlessly chasing and attacking your skiff. It's like less than 10 seconds of a grace period, who thought that was a good idea? There are some areas where the amount of pools are so limited that you kinda have to fish in a pool near mobs while others respawn, but since it's normally underwater combat only to clear them out and often multiple mobs, hoping out to clear them is just giving up your stacks unless you try to hop on and off your skiff every 5 seconds.

Fishing is supposed to be a fun and relaxing passtime, i'll be honest, the rng nature of achievements tied to fishing currently ruin the intended purpose of fishing for me and it's not something i can just ignore, especially when i'm reminded of it every time i fish up a new fish for the first time. Worrying about mob agro is also tedious in a few zones, should have been a mastery that lowers agro radius instead of the completely worthless depth charges.

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
Number 3.
  • Like 6

I think the dawn/dusk cycle adds some difficulty to the fishing achievements, else it would just be very easy. It took me 11 cycles to get muskellunge the first time, then 7 the avid time. I think its somewhat needed to make the titles worth it. I don't think these need handed out, people need to work for a goal.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

11 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I think the dawn/dusk cycle adds some difficulty to the fishing achievements, else it would just be very easy. It took me 11 cycles to get muskellunge the first time, then 7 the avid time. I think its somewhat needed to make the titles worth it. I don't think these need handed out, people need to work for a goal.

Random chance does not equate to difficulty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3