Need spirit shards!

ian.8439

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I did test it. That is what the above image is for. That was in Bjora Marches with Dragon Slayer still locked. 8% left on Skiff to test "unlocked but filled".

That image doesn't really show how you got the spirit shard.  Level 80 chars can get them as random drops. So do you see you're XP bar filling up and resetting as you get XP currently?  A screenshot of you XP bar with partial progress and the locked mastery would have been more telling.

Maybe you're getting normal XP only because the whole Dragon Slayer mastery is locked.  I'm not sure if it works that way or not.  What happens once you unlock it?  I bet once you unlock it you won't get any spirit shard XP until all of that mastery is done.

12 hours ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

A screenshot of you XP bar with partial progress and the locked mastery would have been more telling.

It (still) doesn't display, you just see an empty bar (with empty end reward) on your screen. You can however see spirit shards gained in situations like unlocking map exploration points or finishing story steps that give you experience without looting enemies (or looting anything at all).

The display bug has been reported several times, but I guess since it's purely cosmetic and doesn't impact a lot of people, this is just not high up on the priority list.

Edited by Rasimir.6239

I also used to be running short on Spirit Shards all the time back when I needed them (I am full legendary these days).

I later realized that my mistake was to craft all the equipment when there are other sources for it, especially now where Strike Missions exist. Apart from them and raids of course, there is also WvW and Fractals, both a lot more accessible to newer players or players without fully ascended gear.

• Like 1