EoD ambient dialogue

First off, ty to the writing team for all the amazing voiced ambient dialogue in EoD, whether it be random NPCs or important characters everywhere in Cantha. I do have one gripe though- none of it shows up in the chat! Most of the time one of these pieces of dialogue pops up I miss half of it bc I wasn't paying attention till it was to late, or it got overshadowed by other audio, and I have no way of re-reading what I missed bc it doesnt get recorded in chat. Other random NPC chatter elswhere in the game does, even in cantha some stuff does, but all the "cool" stuff is super missable 😕

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

Also none of the hologram updates show up in chat, so theyre also super missable! which is especially sad while youre going through the story, cause they update with your progress but are SUPER easy to miss.

Its usually only after the second sentence or so that i realise "oh wait this is interesting i wanna listen" but then its too late already..

• Like 2

I agree, this has been frustrating me too. I often need to play with the sound off so I don't hear the dialogue and if the only visual indication is a little speech bubble over their head which vanishes after a few seconds there's a good chance I'm going to miss large parts of the conversation because I happen to be facing in the wrong direction. I've probably missed some conversations entirely.

My best guess is they're trying to avoid too much NPC 'clutter' in the chat box because for example in Echovald you could easily have story dialogue, event dialogue and ambient dialogue all mixed together. But I'd still like to see it.

Actually it would be great if the 'NPC' option on the chat box could be split so you can choose whether to show ambient dialogue, event dialogue, important/story dialogue and maybe other types (I can't think what those could be), like how we can pick different types of game messages to show or hide.

• Like 3