Help a s tier noob!

Hello everyone!

Ive been playing for some years but never got far,  i would ask you guys your opinion to help me!
I want to get better at PvE and WvW.. I love being a healer but also like to kill sometimes xD Ive been searching but ending more confused..
In these 4 classes (love this 4)
Revenant, Guardian, Ranger and Mesmer.
I think Focusing 1 char per class would be better than an hybrid one.. SO..

For you guys wich one would be better as Healer just for PvE and just for WvW and same for damage? hope i explained well :D

Thank you for your time..

• Confused 1

I'd say Guardian would be your best bet, it's a very versatile profession and does everything you're looking for above!

Core Shout Support Guardian is very good in PvP (or was last time I played about 3 months ago) and is quite an easy role to pick up and learn 🙂 Then Healbrand is meta in WvW too.

They both have good damage variants for PvP/WvW, using the Dragonhunter elite spec. Power Dragonhunter (WvW) and Trapper Dragonhunter (PvP)

Guardian is fantastic in PVE as both a healer, quickness support/dps and pure dps for both Power and Condions!  (the new spec too - dps for power and condis) I'm a little biased as it's my favourite profession😅But it does seem to tick most of the boxes in your post!

Boon Herald for WvW vs Heal Renegade and Power/Condi DPS Support Renegade could be worth looking into though, as it's also pretty versatile (though a lot harder to pick up imo than guardian, due to the energy management side of it)

Maybe someone who knows more about Ranger/Mesmer can chip in more, as I don't have a lot of experience with those two yet, hope this helps a little though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrimKitty.5261 said:

thank you guys 🙂
i think i made my choice 😄 for the wvw ill use rev for dmg and guardian for heal and for pve ill go for mesmer for dmg(that virtuoso looks amazing *-* )  and druid for heals 🙂 love  you all 😄

Though I'd like to point out that Guardian has very high damage (Power Dragonhunter or Condition Firebrand), too. I have not tried the Virtuoso yet, but I can't imagine it coming close to the Guardian. Also, no Mesmer comes even close to competing with a Guardians self-sustain.

(Sorry, I guess I am only confusing you further! 😄)

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Though I'd like to point out that Guardian has very high damage (Power Dragonhunter or Condition Firebrand), too. I have not tried the Virtuoso yet, but I can't imagine it coming close to the Guardian. Also, no Mesmer comes even close to competing with a Guardians self-sustain.

(Sorry, I guess I am only confusing you further! 😄)

oh i understand that didnt confused at all 🙂 but i have a huge crush on mesmer xD and in the future when i get more achievements and gold im probably gonna get some equips to be able to have the guardian for heal and the guardian for dmg 🙂 im going to focus on this plan now so later ill be able to change and dont get sick of this classes 😛 😄 thank you anyways ❤️

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 3:24 PM, GrimKitty.5261 said:

Hello everyone!

Ive been playing for some years but never got far,  i would ask you guys your opinion to help me!
I want to get better at PvE and WvW.. I love being a healer but also like to kill sometimes xD Ive been searching but ending more confused..
In these 4 classes (love this 4)
Revenant, Guardian, Ranger and Mesmer.
I think Focusing 1 char per class would be better than an hybrid one.. SO..

For you guys wich one would be better as Healer just for PvE and just for WvW and same for damage? hope i explained well 😄

Thank you for your time..

just for consideration: Engineer.

With the new Mechanist is got a super strong/easy to pick up support spec, which can also easily deal a ton of damage

I’m surprised no one has suggested spectre. It’s got some great healing if only single target. I’m more specd for damage and I still heal ppl to full hp with 1 set of healing coming out of invis. You can totally kill stuff even if aoe is a bit more of a challenge. Lots of good single target damage while still shielding and healing like a boss. Personally I changed from my mechanist to spectre and am not looking back. I can’t stand relying on a pet, and even if you won’t support everyone as well with spectre, you’ll still have more fun and the ppl you do support will notice. Cause you will heal a person from 0 ~ full within seconds. No cooldown on your shield spam either. 

ps: didn’t realize they said in only those 4 classes. Explains some things xD still worth considering!

Edited by Depths.4051
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Depths.4051 said:

I’m surprised no one has suggested spectre. It’s got some great healing if only single target. I’m more specd for damage and I still heal ppl to full hp with 1 set of healing coming out of invis. You can totally kill stuff even if aoe is a bit more of a challenge. Lots of good single target damage while still shielding and healing like a boss. Personally I changed from my mechanist to spectre and am not looking back. I can’t stand relying on a pet, and even if you won’t support everyone as well with spectre, you’ll still have more fun and the ppl you do support will notice. Cause you will heal a person from 0 ~ full within seconds. No cooldown on your shield spam either. 

ps: didn’t realize they said in only those 4 classes. Explains some things xD still worth considering!

Not to hijack but how are you doing with OW on Spectre? Mechanist is strong but wouldn't expect it to match but always curious

• Like 1

OW is fine, mob clears are a little slow unless you use the shadow transformation. It’s really the bane of spectre is mob clear. You can manage it’s just slower than other classes. Single target is still really good and if you’re running with friends you can support them from range and if you focus one person you can essentially make them invincible with shielding, might stacking, and healing. I gotta be honest tho. You can also support with alacrity but I choose not too, because your healing relies on going invisible. So I stack a lot of invis, both for survivability and healing over spamming wells (which quite unfortunately you must teleport to the well location if you wish to use them).

• Like 1