Disable Shift+Click skill link in combat

I use shift modifiers to launch a lot of my skills, but also mouse click my skills sometimes.

I keep accidentally opening my chat during PvP by shift clicking skills and it disables literally my entire keyboard until i manually delete the text in the chat field.

Is there a solution to this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Change your keybinds? I know I would hate to having to get out of combat to link something in chat, since there are plenty of situations where you can't get out of combat immediately (or even in a moderate timeframe). Things like linking a poi in the middle of a meta event fight to help a guild mate that lost their way to the event, or linking a skill to your squad to announce that you'll drop a portal in wvw.

If "link to chat" would have its own keybind that you could change, that would probably be an easier way to fix your problem. Maybe if you posted this to the "QoL suggestions" thread, somebody at ANet could pick it up when they get around to adding siege turtle keybinds to the game.

I agree that allowing us to change the keybinding for linking stuff in chat would be preferable to disabling it in combat because there's often times when I do want to link something in chat during a fight.

There's a few keybindings which can't be changed for some reason and it's annoying. I assume if Anet event brings out official controller (and possibly Steam Deck) support they'll need to make it possible to change those, but even if not it would be a big improvement.