Idea: use mounts as ranger pets?

Trejgon.9367

So numerously I caught myself thinking, that it would be nice to have mount fight beside you after dismounting, but was thinking that pve-only global feature like that migh have had a little bit too many issues to pull off successfully, but how about ability to let rangers use the mounts as their pet? Mechanist's Mech already shows that AN could be willing to allow a pet in this size scale.

I am mainly thinking here about pof era mounts, I don't see skiff pet being feasible, and as far as siege turtles go, we already have pet equivalent.

Not exactly sure how feasible it would be to have mount customisation to apply to the "pet" version of the mount.

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2022 at 12:43 AM, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

AN are cowards for not letting us have the juvenile mounts as PoF pets.

I wouldn't say "cowards", more like either nobody got a thought of doing it, or nobody got time to try to make it work in sensuble way (pet sharing no customisation choices with mount would be probably a bummer for a number of people for example)

On 3/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

It would be kinda wierd to get a mount pet while mounts have way lower hp than pets.

well the only functional use of mount's HP bar is dismounting you, so you could say it is not mount's actuall health, but measure of how stable you are on it or something🤔