Augments Suggestions/Feedback

SeTect.5918

Imo Augments are underwhelming. Well they r not directly bad, but their bonus effects are bad.

The thing is that all the Augment bonus effects are related to jade spheres. This is a problem.
Example:
If you need healing, you just activate your healing skill. You wont swap to water first, place your water sphere and then use your healing skill...because you are already dead then. Same goes for the block Augment, if u see that the enemy casts a heavy attack, you wont have the time to swap to earth first and then use ur earth sphere and then the augment to get the reduced cooldown, you just dont have the time for that.
Also "Invigorating Air" is most likely only used for the stunbreak, if you need a stunbreak, you wont swap to air first, use your Air sphere and then the stunbreak to get reduced cooldown.

So here I have some Suggestions for each Augment:
Instead of their current bonus effects, they gain these bonus effects:
(These bonuses are not related to your Jade sphere)

Soothing_Water: (Heal) Each removed condition also reduces the cooldown by 1 second and gains 1 energy.

Relentless_Fire: (Utility) Your next 6 attacks inflict burning for 1 second (0.5 seconds ICD).

Shattering_Ice: (Utility) If you hit the same enemy 5 times with the shattering ice effect, it freezes for 2 seconds. If the freeze effect is triggered, it gets bonus damage (400 with 0.2 coefficient).

Invigorating_Air: (Utility) If you break stun, this Augment has a reduced recharge (33%), your Superspeed will have an increased duration (2 seconds) and you will grant yourself quickness for 3 seconds.

Fortified_Earth: (Utility) If you block an attack with this Augment, it will instantly recharge 10 seconds of its cooldown and grants more barrier (50%).

Elemental_Celerity: (Elite) Gain 15 Energy and the next Sphere you activate has a bonus:
Fire Sphere: Inflicts 1 second of burning per pulse.
Air Sphere: Deals 30% increased critical damage and Inflicts 2 Vulnerability per pulse (8 seconds duration).
Water Sphere: Allies in the Sphere heal 150 hp each pulse (0.2 Coefficient) and it inflicts Chilled each pulse (0.5 seconds duration).
Earth Sphere: Allies in the Sphere get barrier (400 per pulse) and reduced damage (10%).

Elemental Celerity could get a faaaaar reduced recharge by 30-40 seconds btw (90 -> 50-60).

I think this would give the elite skill some elite skill feeling and Augments some nice bonus.

Edited by SeTect.5918
Spelling + Clarification + Balancing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Relentless fire should be a little more like 5-7 attacks and invigorating air should also provide vigor and maybe even quickness 

Everything else is nice btw nice job not making it ridiculously op like I do when I theory craft.

Also a good idea without entirely reworking the spec

Edited by Infinity.2876

Personally I think the current idea for the bonus is neat but what kill it is that you need to have a sphere of a specific attunment to make it work. Seriously that's an unecessary layer of complexity on an elite spec that's already a bit to demanding.

Just make it so you gain the bonus of the augments no matter which sphere you are in.

8 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Relentless fire should be a little more like 5-7 attacks and invigorating air should also provide vigor and maybe even quickness 

Everything else is nice btw nice job not making it ridiculously op like I do when I theory craft.

Also a good idea without entirely reworking the spec

Added the thing with quickness.
What do you mean with the Relentless Fire attack? Do you mean 5-7 more attacks (so 15-17) or do you mean that it should only do 5-7 attacks? The thing is that you also have to keep Expertise in your mind. Also the power build uses Burning_Precision which gives 20% burning duration already.

And thanks 😄

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Personally I think the current idea for the bonus is neat but what kill it is that you need to have a sphere of a specific attunment to make it work. Seriously that's an unecessary layer of complexity on an elite spec that's already a bit to demanding.

Just make it so you gain the bonus of the augments no matter which sphere you are in.

Thats what I basically meant in my main post.
So that the bonuses I made are not related to the sphere.

3 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Thats what I basically meant in my main post.
So that the bonuses I made are not related to the sphere.

Well, If you say so... What I understood of you post was that you don't need the sphere at all to get the bonus but if you say that it's not what you mean, I'm willing to believe you.

5 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Added the thing with quickness.
What do you mean with the Relentless Fire attack? Do you mean 5-7 more attacks (so 15-17) or do you mean that it should only do 5-7 attacks? The thing is that you also have to keep Expertise in your mind. Also the power build uses Burning_Precision which gives 20% burning duration already.

And thanks 😄

I was thinking that it would have the effect that spider venom has and I was thinking of reducing it to be comparable and a little bit superior to the thief ability.

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well, If you say so... What I understood of you post was that you don't need the sphere at all to get the bonus but if you say that it's not what you mean, I'm willing to believe you.

Ah you meant that...my bad then.
Yea I meant that you dont need it at all anymore and u that u still need it but it doesnt matter which one, right?

My bad then, yea I meant that you dont need it at all anymore.

2 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

I was thinking that it would have the effect that spider venom has and I was thinking of reducing it to be comparable and a little bit superior to the thief ability.

Ah okay. Yea it is what i meant, Spider venom is also affected by expertise, tho.
Yea I was thinking about that 10 attacks is maybe a bit too much, I can reduce that.

Water augment needs a buff. Stronger healing, more rapid pulses. 

The supserspeed augment, from what I've seen, seems useless. Maybe this should give shocking aura.

The elite - highly situational and the cooldown is far too long. It's useful, but it's not really elite skill material with what it does now. I'd say give this a charge mechanic at least. Even if it's just 2 charges. 

One potential option for augments is making it so that the augments force your jade sphere to teleport to you on use. That way you're guaranteed to get the effect you want and it gives them more utility. Though I think the better plan would be to just rework jade sphere on its own and then make new ways to fit the augments in. 

One thing I hate about ele is how they always seem to get some utility that's only purpose is to just increase the number of strikes, duplicate strikes, or give a flat damage increase to a certain number of attacks with the exception of tempest. 

We have glyph on core, primordial? on weaver, and now we have TWO augments that essentially just split the glyph into separate abilities. 

Then you give some lame kitten superspeed trait and a subpar heal and it's like.. uh.. thanks for at least filling the quota I guess?

It feels like it's still chilling back at the conceptual phase and we've got some placeholder skills and weapon that kind of only work, just barely. 

I mean really, take away the aura on finisher minor trait and what would this play like? A level 1 rabbit in Queensdale just waiting to be accidentally cleaved. 

Not to mention the thing that makes it work is like 80 points into the traitline. 

• Like 1