LFG needs SERIOUS rework

- People with commander tag can outright hijack your squads if you don't have a tag.

- If you create an LFG party, someone joins and leaves, you lose the party from LFG.

- You can't even command a simple Shiverpeaks Pass if you aren't willing to spend whole 200 gold and some WvW junk on a silly tag that barely does anything outside of gatekeeping features.

- People you blocked can still join groups you create.

- I can't even choose if I want to create a votekick or leaderkick group. Why anet has to force either approach on us? Just let people choose!

- You can't effectively ban someone from joining a party.

And the list goes on.

Seriously anet, LFG in it's current form is an absolute lackluster junk, it has more holes in it's design than a swiss cheese. There is no point in making 4th, 5th, 1337th expansion if the most basic feature of an MMORPG game, the group content tool, feels like a broken vase held together by duct tape. And don't even get me started on how people you blocked can still see your location, the block feature is an absolute disaster as well. Please rework, even if it's a paid DLC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No it is the only response that solve all but your unwillingness to spend 200g to solve the issues.

1. Not all issues i mentioned are related to squads per-se.

2. Bypassing the issue is not solving the issue.

Jesus christ, stop trolling already.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Valisha.8650 said:

- People with commander tag can outright hijack your squads if you don't have a tag.

Never seen this before in squads without squad leader

If you create an LFG party, someone joins and leaves, you lose the party from LFG.

The party doesn't get delisted if someone joins and leaves. They have to delist it themselves manually or the Party fills and thus gets delisted. 

You can't even command a simple Shiverpeaks Pass if you aren't willing to spend whole 200 gold and some WvW junk on a silly tag that barely does anything outside of gatekeeping features.

Enter Instance, open LFG, "Advertise Group". You have a squad on Shiverpeaks Pass that is present on LFG without paying 300 Gold and 250 Badges.

- People you blocked can still join groups you create.

Votekick, leave group, etc. As a Commander just throw them out.

- I can't even choose if I want to create a votekick or leaderkick group. Why anet has to force either approach on us? Just let people choose!

If you have a tag you create a squad where only the Commander can kick people. Without a tag people have to vote. Parties have votekick since they can't have leaders.

- You can't effectively ban someone from joining a party.

Good.

Most of the "problems" you listed are because you don't want to buy a Commander tag or you don't exactly know how squads work. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Never seen this before in squads without squad leader

The party doesn't get delisted if someone joins and leaves. They have to delist it themselves manually or the Party fills and thus gets delisted. 

Enter Instance, open LFG, "Advertise Group". You have a squad on Shiverpeaks Pass that is present on LFG without paying 300 Gold and 250 Badges.

Votekick, leave group, etc. As a Commander just throw them out.

If you have a tag you create a squad where only the Commander can kick people. Without a tag people have to vote. Parties have votekick since they can't have leaders.

Good.

Most of the "problems" you listed are because you don't want to buy a Commander tag or you don't exactly know how squads work. 

Literally half of the things said there are just your opinions, or outright dismissing the issue by trying to bypass it. Sure, that stuff works, but so does bread-and-water diet - Just because that's how it is, doesn't mean that's how it SHOULD be. And "gOoD" is not a response, really.

Not to mention that GW2 is the only game I am aware of that gatekeeps the basic ability to properly govern your own group. Literally in all other games you can have it the moment you buy the game. Unless I am missing something, then go ahead and enlighten me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

Literally half of the things said there are just your opinions, or outright dismissing the issue by trying to bypass it. Sure, that stuff works, but so does bread-and-water diet - Just because that's how it is, doesn't mean that's how it SHOULD be. And "gOoD" is not a response, really.

Not to mention that GW2 is the only game I am aware of that gatekeeps the basic ability to properly govern your own group. Literally in all other games you can have it the moment you buy the game. Unless I am missing something, then go ahead and enlighten me.

I'm saying those because I've never met a single person before complaining about not having the benefits of a Commander tag without buying the Commander tag, while saying they don't want to buy the tag.