ANet what are you doing with Revenant? (How to fix this class)

Noodica.5428

This post is strictly PvP/WvW related.

Revenant has just continued to be left in the dust in comparison to other classes ever since its initial release. As if having no versatility within your legend stances to somewhat customize your build wasn't bad enough, we have to also deal with weapon skills which have high energy usage + cool downs and locked in utility skills which also use way too much energy.

As most of us know, the current state of PvP/WvW is filled with heavy condition builds and loads of CC. A typical power herald running Glint/Assassin has a total of 2 condi clears, one being the cleansing channel trait in invocation (9s cooldown on stance swap), and the other being staff 4 (15s cooldown). As for Break Stuns it has 3(?), one being Legend swap trait, Gaze of Darkness facet, and finally the Riposting Shadows skill in the Assassin stance. Sure Riposting Shadows has no CD but it uses 30 energy each?

So with:

• 2 Condi Clears (with big cd)
  • 3 Stun breaks
  • High energy using utility skills
  • CD+Energy using weapon skills
  • Mediocre heals
  • 0 customization in utility skills (Revenant by far has the least skills out of all classes in the game)

You expect Revenant's to be able to keep up in the meta full of competent: Condi Scourges, Confusion stacking Mirages, Burn guardians, Spellbreakers with huge sustain/cc, Condi thieves who have infinite condi stack/duration and many many many other high condi builds?? Its beyond a joke at this point, and the only thing this class has going for it is the high dps burst when played correctly with little mistakes.

How to fix it:

1. Remove either energy usage or cool downs off of weapon skills (to compensate, a slight increase in energy or cooldowns for utility skills can be put in place)
  2. Stop being lazy and give us the extra utility skills that the class is missing in comparison to the rest. If you can give weaver all the new skills they got then you can definitely give rev some.
  3. New utility skills should actually give the class the CC break and condi cleanse it needs to keep up with this meta. It already has the necessary damage.
  4. With these new utility skills, give us the option to SWAP utility skills. Having set skills which can't be changed makes revenant the most EASILY read class in the game because you know what is coming..

Please don't let this class go to waste.

/rant over

@Caccis.9087 said:Anet wanted Revenant to be Resistance based with Mallyx, and it can access it quite nicely with right traits. Too bad half of the classes have access to boon strip :D

but the bad design now has lock you with mallyx and corruption + invocation line. which leave you with 1 elite trait line. so no devastation line so less dmg. we become like a thief 1 build 1 role

Yeah, I was kinda shocked to see nothing related to condi cleanse on rev at all in the recent patch.I personally would've liked to see a buff to cleansing channel to remove 2 instead of just 1 condition;and a reduced cast time + cd on staff 4, making it a cast time of like 3/4s or 1/2s and a cd of about 10s.

In terms of stun breaks i feel like I've got enough in most cases.If I ever get caught in a stun, that i won't be able to escape, it's cause of me wasting energy or that stunbreakfor no reason just before that.

So yeah, apart from the obvious lack of condi cleanse on rev, I like how the class is right now.It's punishing and forcing you to properly make use of your energy and cd's rather than just spammingeverything mindlessly and I hope rev won't ever get to the point, where you can do just that.

@Crayth.3276 said:Yeah, I was kinda shocked to see nothing related to condi cleanse on rev at all in the recent patch.I personally would've liked to see a buff to cleansing channel to remove 2 instead of just 1 condition;and a reduced cast time + cd on staff 4, making it a cast time of like 3/4s or 1/2s and a cd of about 10s.

In terms of stun breaks i feel like I've got enough in most cases.If I ever get caught in a stun, that i won't be able to escape, it's cause of me wasting energy or that stunbreakfor no reason just before that.

So yeah, apart from the obvious lack of condi cleanse on rev, I like how the class is right now.It's punishing and forcing you to properly make use of your energy and cd's rather than just spammingeverything mindlessly and I hope rev won't ever get to the point, where you can do just that.

I agree with you to some extent. 3 Stunbreaks isn't devastating. But in comparison to other classes it is much harder to maintain your stunbreaks cool down. Say you just swapped off of Assassin stance and its on cooldown, you then get CC locked, 2 of your stun breaks are unusable where as other classes simply press 1 button as soon as they are cc'd.

The condi cleanse issue completely takes Revenant out of being viable in PvP/WvW because there is simply too much condi with such low amount of cleanse. The only option is to run Malyx which is going to cost you a toooon of your overall dps/utility because you have to give up glint or assassin, which once again puts the revenant at a huge disadvantage.

One more thing they could do to help with stun breaks/condi clear is to have a option to trait for lower cd on stance swapping. I don't want Revenant to be a mindless class, I just want it to be on equal footing as the rest of the classes and not something which requires such perfect play with little mistakes to even be viable.

@Caccis.9087 said:Anet wanted Revenant to be Resistance based with Mallyx, and it can access it quite nicely with right traits. Too bad half of the classes have access to boon strip :D

The thing i can't really understand is why Mallyx was resistance based upon HOT release (every utilities you used gived you a condition but near every corruption traitline was right with this, you had more acces to resistance and more damage based on the number of conditions...) but right now the Mallyx class is stuck beetween a "i need condition to be good" (resistance, some old traits, Healing skill) and condition dealer.. So what's the role of this legend anyway. Can we give it more identity?

@Noodica.5428 said:You expect Revenant's to be able to keep up in the meta full of competent: Condi Scourges, Confusion stacking Mirages, Burn guardians, Spellbreakers with huge sustain/cc, Condi thieves

No, Mister Bond, they expect you to DIE!

THis is actually true. The new classes, as in the previous expac, are turned up to 11. The powercreep is positively sprinting! HoT classes are being actively nerfed in order to promote the expac.

Did I say expac? Expac.

Expac you to die.

Archived