What is the new meta for a 10 person squad?

Like most I have been messing around with EoD and not really been into many raids/strikes recently.

With the new specializations and changes from skills that effect 10 people down to 5 what are the two subgroups needing?

is it required that we need 4dps 2 alac 2 quick 2 heals? or are the 2 healers overboard?

I have heard rumors that druids are not the go to anymore is that really the case?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Like most I have been messing around with EoD and not really been into many raids/strikes recently.

With the new specializations and changes from skills that effect 10 people down to 5 what are the two subgroups needing?

is it required that we need 4dps 2 alac 2 quick 2 heals? or are the 2 healers overboard?

I have heard rumors that druids are not the go to anymore is that really the case?

Druids are not that great anymore unless you need their special utility. They are still the same in terms of healing but you could take a mech or fb instead to also cover quickness or alac in one sub. Spirits are not druid exclusive. Slbs are currently very powerful so taking hmech + slb ends up being way higher group dps than druid + alac with the exception of fights were staxe mirage is very strong like SH, Cairn or largos.

Druid offers better ranged targeted heal if you want that. I hope they dont forget tempest and herald in the june update.

You dont need 2 heals at all. Solo hmech is mostly fine. Qfb is still utility king while also having way too much dps for their utility. support chronos are still sad. qrapper still fine. harbinger is decent. havent tried quick cata in raids yet but it has a higher bench than fb and thats not allowed so it will get nerfed soon.

Not a fan of alac specter. alac mech, 2 RR or staxe/staff seem to be better. You have a might problem in your 2nd sub when running solo heal. Ps warr, alac mech, staxe/staff mirage or RR can all cover might. specter cant. Even might tempest is decent in some situations.

The biggest problem currently are a lot of fixed slots with bs + slb, 2 quickness, hmech and usually 2 alac share leaving just 3 dps slots. 4 with a single alac provider. Hopefully the summer patch frees 2 of the slots.

SH horror is also kinda annoying with nerfed epi. its safer to take 2.

On qadim1 its also good to have a slb kiter since you need one anyways and it doesnt have to lower its dps for it.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1