Gen 3 legendary kill effects?

Aren't the gen 3 legendaries supposed to have on kill effects? I've killed countless mobs without getting this to give a kill  animation. What gives? Is it bugged or is it only a chance to proc the effect? I was expecting the animation on every kill. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: just got the first animation after like 30+ kills, that needs an update to be more frequent if its rng... thats insane

Edited by Zalavaaris.5329
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I get it quite often. I feel if I get it more it would probably be more annoying then cool. The animation itself is great, and it’s fun when it appears. But if that happened more, imagine when you bunch up pocketraptors for example or other groups of mobs and kill them. It would be way too much noise. The game does have quite a bit visual clutter and it’s good that they had that in mind when they decided to give these unique finish animations. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I get it quite often. I feel if I get it more it would probably be more annoying then cool. The animation itself is great, and it’s fun when it appears. But if that happened more, imagine when you bunch up pocketraptors for example or other groups of mobs and kill them. It would be way too much noise. The game does have quite a bit visual clutter and it’s good that they had that in mind when they decided to give these unique finish animations. 

I buy that, but they need to at least make it guaranteed after a certain amount of kills without getting an animation. I killed literally 30-40 mobs without getting it once. Then I got it. 

3 hours ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Aren't the gen 3 legendaries supposed to have on kill effects? I've killed countless mobs without getting this to give a kill  animation. What gives? Is it bugged or is it only a chance to proc the effect? I was expecting the animation on every kill. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: just got the first animation after like 30+ kills, that needs an update to be more frequent if its rng... thats insane

What weapon are you using? Is it a main or off hand one, for example?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm that doubling up weapons does NOT increase the chance to proc. In fact when i went with 2 it took even longer. It's just baaaaaaad RNG. This is also a couple weeks later. It's like one of the cool new features of having a Gen3, and it rarely happens. Anet needs to fix it so it happens maybe like 1 time every 30 seconds. That way it gives a nice little gap between animations so it doesn't over-stack, but it happens often enough between kills that it makes having the weapon worth it. Especially when you are standing around new players and they want to know why that nearby rabbit exploded into crystals lol.