Sigil Questions *SOLVED*

1- How does a Sigil of Air or Energy (Swap to this weapon while in combat) work for an Ele since they can not swap weapons?

2 -I can not use 2 similar Sigils on a weapon like (50% chance on critical) But...2a Can I have the the exact same Sigil on two different weapons that I can swap to?2b Can I have a Superior & Major Sigil of the exact same kind on the same weapon.

thanks

Ele and engineer cannot make use of weapon swapping sigils, except possibly when switching out of kits, environmental weapons, elemental conjures, etc.

2a. The same sigil can be used on two different weapon sets that you swap between, though I believe their internal recharge (say 5 seconds between effects) will not be automatically refreshed on weapon swap

2b. No, different rarities of sigils will not stack with each other. The better one will take over.

@"Aaron Forestman.4758" said:

1. Ele and engineer cannot make use of weapon swapping sigils, except possibly when switching out of kits, environmental weapons, elemental conjures, etc.2a. The same sigil can be used on two different weapon sets that you swap between, though I believe their internal recharge (say 5 seconds between effects) will not be automatically refreshed on weapon swap2b. No, different rarities of sigils will not stack with each other. The better one will take over.

Um, not exactly.

• On-swap sigils work on weapon swap, equipping|swapping|dropping an engie kit, changing ele attunements, and bundle acquisition|drop (this includes conjured weapons, environmental weapons, and things like treasure kits)
  • Identical sigils can be used on both weapon sets; they share their internal cooldown.
  • Identical and even alike sigils have no effect if used on the same set, e.g. Superior Force and Major Force won't combine; only the Superior effect is used

All of this is covered on the wikihttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil(FYI as I type this, the wiki is undergoing maintenance; should be over 45 minutes from now at noon Pacific, 8 pm UTC.)

A few other things that count as swap ... dismounting, going in and out of photon forge, start/stop gliding in bloodstone fen, entering/exiting druid's celestial avatar form. As a generalization probably anything action you take that can end up changing your skill bar probably counts as a weapon swap. I haven't tested nor have I seen any mentions of it but this probably means that Firebrand tomes also count.

@Khisanth.2948 said:A few other things that count as swap ... dismounting, going in and out of photon forge, start/stop gliding in bloodstone fen, entering/exiting druid's celestial avatar form. As a generalization probably anything action you take that can end up changing your skill bar probably counts as a weapon swap. I haven't tested nor have I seen any mentions of it but this probably means that Firebrand tomes also count.

So for my Ele will changing from fire to Air count as a a weapon swap?

@Angelica Dream.7103 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:A few other things that count as swap ... dismounting, going in and out of photon forge, start/stop gliding in bloodstone fen, entering/exiting druid's celestial avatar form. As a generalization probably anything action you take that can end up changing your skill bar probably counts as a weapon swap. I haven't tested nor have I seen any mentions of it but this probably means that Firebrand tomes also count.

Yes

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Yes

Thank you all

Archived