Trying to find a strike group is sapping all the fun of this game

10 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

But what about gear? Trait is easy enough to change but I can't ask people to change their gear out of the blue. What if they don't have it? I can't be in full soldier but with 0 boon duration and be a quickness bot. 

No I don't expect people to do sim dps, however there is a huge discrepancy in good vs bad players in GW2. A good player can do 10 times the damage of a bad player and is not even close. In WoW/FF14, you have a baseline of strength/dex/int whatever so you can always do the role and the difference is nowhere as big. Unless you are suggesting a major revision to how gear work then this is not happening.

Fractal tier system? Like if you beat Fractal 1 100 times as alacrity then you can queue for it? We are talking about new players right. They are not new players after doing it 100 times after which this lfg doesn't apply to them. 

As far as WoW goes , each class has a spamable aoe attack for mobs (until 2 previous expanion-notreally up to date ) .

While because their game is old and people must stay still to cast , the bosses is 60% tank and spank .

While in GW2 new players try to avoid things and don't focus on dps  . Here it's the dps loss .

Do 100 times Fractal tier 1 to move to tier 2

Even in the current Fractal tier 1 or 3 ,  people can join with Solders .

None cares as long as they don't  get frustrated  from the Sanquan opening jumping puzzle or the ones with 4 golems

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Luci.7018 said:

As far as WoW goes , each class has a spamable aoe attack for mobs (until 2 previous expanion-notreally up to date ) .

While because their game is old and people must stay still to cast , the bosses is 60% tank and spank .

While in GW2 new players try to avoid things and don't focus on dps  . Here it's the dps loss .

Do 100 times Fractal tier 1 to move to tier 2

But that has nothing to do with what I said. How do you have people who sign up for quickness but have no quickness gear to do the role? I can ask them to swap trait and skills sure, but what if you don't have the gear for it? There is no mechanic skill that you can do to improve this.

Do 100 fractal 1 as alacrity then I can do tier 2? Where does LFG come into this? Where does LFG work for fractal 1? 

• Like 2

But that has nothing to do with what I said. How do you have people who sign up for quickness but have no quickness gear to do the role? I can ask them to swap trait and skills sure, but what if you don't have the gear for it? There is no mechanic skill that you can do to improve this.

Do 100 fractal 1 as alacrity then I can do tier 2? Where does LFG come into this? Where does LFG work for fractal 1? 

People can sign up as "people" , that's the in-game role . Then they choose to spec to quickness or not , to kill the boss . Like normal t1-t3 Fractal players

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 3

Just now, Luci.7018 said:

People can sign up as "people" , that's the in-game role . Then they choose to spec to quickness or not , to kill the boss . Like normal Fractal players

So you want no requirements in the LFG?

Have you ever played in public instance strike missions? Because those are completely dead and it works roughly how you expect. You can just hit a button and join in and wait until you have 10 people. Then the fight starts it goes to a complete mess because you don't have alacrity, quickness or sometimes even healing. You can't queue as "people", you need roles just as WoW/FF14 need tank, healer and dps. You literally cannot do fights without those roles and swapping on the fly is not very easy.

Seriously man, have you tried public instance missions? That is the future you are looking at.

• Like 4

So you want no requirements in the LFG?

Have you ever played in public instance strike missions? Because those are completely dead and it works roughly how you expect. You can just hit a button and join in and wait until you have 10 people. Then the fight starts it goes to a complete mess because you don't have alacrity, quickness or sometimes even healing. You can't queue as "people", you need roles just as WoW/FF14 need tank, healer and dps. You literally cannot do fights without those roles and swapping on the fly is not very easy.

Seriously man, have you tried public instance missions? That is the future you are looking at.

PoF Strikes , where dead too , but somehow worked here (except the mount one) . Maybe it was an "ultimatum" by the Devs , or  they touched people hearts .

By creating more aoes one-shots like in Soo-Won , you don't need a healer or tank . And as the Devs said they didn't like it , with the Scourges.

They are moving toward personal responsibility

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

People can sign up as "people" , that's the in-game role . Then they choose to spec to quickness or not , to kill the boss . Like normal t1-t3 Fractal players

The players usually spec before joining for relevant roles. I don't understand why you're trinyg to pretend here that new players will somehow be able to join random party/squad and immediately be able to "spec what's needed/desired", despite the fact you've juuuust complained about those players not even understanding the lingo used in  those squads/parties.

So the idea here is to hide advanced squads in order to hide any gw2 terminology from new players (since that somehow scars/terryfies them to the point of no return and asking in chat... isn't an option for some mysterious reason you still didn't specify?). That, in connection with completely random lfg, pitting exclusively random new players together is supposed to... help those players learn, while at the same time those exact same players are supposed to instantly fill in any role that's needed/wanted in that group. Is this actually what you've just said in your last posts in this thread?

Uh... And no, what I wrote above isn't in any way sarcastical, this is literally what I understand as a recap from what was written in your posts above and I don't see how that's supposed to make sense. Please explain.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The players usually spec before joining for relevant roles. I don't understand why you're trinyg to pretend here that new players will somehow be able to join random party/squad and immediately be able to "spec what's needed/desired", despite the fact you've juuuust complained about those players not even understanding the lingo used in  those squads/parties.

So the idea here is to hide advanced squads in order to hide any gw2 terminology from new players (since that somehow scars/terryfies them to the point of no return and asking in chat... isn't an option for some mysterious reason you still didn't specify?). That, in connection with completely random lfg, pitting exclusively random new players together is supposed to... help those players learn, while at the same time those exact same players are supposed to instantly fill in any role that's needed/wanted in that group. Is this actually what you've just said in your last posts in this thread?

Do you need specific roles to beat the Dungeons or the Tier 1- tier3 strikes ?

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

PoF Strikes , where dead too , but somehow worked here (except the mount one) . Maybe it was an "ultimatum" by the Devs , or  they touched people hearts .

By creating more aoes one-shots like in Soo-Won , you don't need a healer or tank . And as the Devs said they didn't like it , with the Scourges

You do need healers, this is not really some topic for discussion. If you ever raided before then yes healers are mandatory. So is quickness and alacrity. You can disagree on this but this is the set composition. 5 person per sub group, healer/quickness/alacrity/dps. Condense the role however you want but you need all of those. If you are not sure on what is the correct comp or even if there is one then hear it from a raider that this is it. While you CAN deviate from it and run without quickness or alacrity, it will make the fight to much harder that you need to be very skilled and I don't think the people we are discussing there is in category. I am sorry but there is no line to be budged here, this is how the game works at the moment. Fights are not just one-shots, there are constantly aoe pressure and boons are an incredibly important part of your damage. You need those roles.

If you disagree with this then we can't discuss this any further. You can ask others but this is a fundamental part of group composition. If you don't understand this then you are not ready to discuss how will the LFG work if you don't know how the group works.

Edited by Warscythes.9307

1 minute ago, Luci.7018 said:

This thread (and OP is what you were repeatedly calling upon in your posts) is about strike groups, so even if you want to pin every other instanced content o it, it doesn't change what I said. You even said yourself that the players would join random squads and then spec into specific roles, now you're quesitoning what roles are needed where? 🤨

And don't dodge please:

Uh... And no, what I wrote above isn't in any way sarcastical, this is literally what I understand as a recap from what was written in your posts above and I don't see how that's supposed to make sense. Please explain.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Of course not, but are you suggesting they put LFG just for easy content? That sounds incredibly useless. I am pretty sure people are talking about raids/strikes or t4cm fractal here.

You do need healers, this is not really some topic for discussion. If you ever raided before then yes healers are mandatory. So is quickness and alacrity. You can disagree on this but this is the set composition. 5 person per sub group, healer/quickness/alacrity/dps. Condense the role however you want but you need all of those. If you are not sure on what is the correct comp or even if there is one then hear it from a raider that this is it. While you CAN deviate from it and run without quickness or alacrity, it will make the fight to much harder that you need to be very skilled and I don't think the people we are discussing there is in category. I am sorry but there is line to be budged here, this is how the game works at the moment. Fights are not just one-shots, there are constantly aoe pressure and boons are an incredibly important part of your damage.

If you disagree with this then we can't discuss this any further. You can ask others but this is a fundamental part of group composition. If you don't understand this then you are not ready to discuss how will the LFG work if you don't know how the group works.

Quickness/alacrity  is used to kill the boss in 4 min . They where originally created with exotic in mind .

In EoD , the goal of giving all the classes the same boons , will transform the normal players 3k dps to 6k

Speedrunner is something entirely thing

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

This thread (and OP is what you were repeatedly calling upon in your posts) is about strike groups, so even if you want to pin every other instanced content o it, it doesn't change what I said. You even said yourself that the players would join random squads and then spec into specific roles, now you're quesitoning what roles are needed where? 🤨

And don't dodge please:

Yes the post is strikes mission , don't need specific roles or boon . Those these speed up the process .

So the Fractal Tier System that hides the "50kp, ala,pots" groups and the Auto-mega-server thing , prevent players from learning ?

Or they WILL KEEP playing more , and learn later ? Something with the OP is not going to happen

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Quickness/alacrity  is used to kill the boss in 4 min . They where originally created with exotic in mind .

This is completely baseless, not to say it's just obviously false.

4 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Yes the post is strikes mission , don't need specific roles or boon . Those these speed up the process .

So what exactly is OP's or yours problem? Open lfg, press "advertise you group", write "everyone welcome" and your're good to go. Why do you need any change here at all?

Or they WILL KEEP playing more , and learn later ? Something with the OP is not going to happen

You're absolutely not able to make that claim for OP, so maybe stop trying to speak for him and speak for yourself instead. All OP said is that it's annoying and he came to vent (yup, that's literally what he said), not once he said he'll never touch it again.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is completely baseless, not to say it's just obviously false.

So what exactly is OP's or yours problem? Open lfg, press "advertise you group", write "everyone welcome" and your're good to go. Why do you need any change here at all?

Or in order to avoid these scenario of people stepping in other lane , segregate them like Fractal or auto-LFG

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Or in order to avoid these scenario of people stepping in other lane , segregate them like Fractal or auto-LFG

Here's what you've said on the first page of this thread:

4 hours ago, Luci.7018 said:

Better yet , instead of the LFG  ,  place new people directly  in a Trainning Guild

(...)

They create the rules, instead of the company..-_-

First you claim players should decide for themselves, but now you literally want the game to segragate them based on when they started playing? You really need to "pick a lane" already.

And once again you didn't respond to the post you've quoted btw.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

In EoD , the goal of giving all the classes the same boons , will transform the normal players 3k dps to 6k

Speedrunner is something entirely thing

I am sorry but this is incorrect. For the content I am talking about having quickness and alacrity is practically a requirement. For example you technically can do them in full soldier gear no problem at all. But do you really want to do that? Is that really something to even consider? No right, that sounds like a horrible experience. This is not a speedrunner thing, this is as important as a dps in dps gear or healers need to have healing skills. You need to understand they ARE required. 

• Like 1

Here's what you've said on the first page of this thread:

First you claim players should decide for themselves, but now you literally want the game to segragate them based on when they started playing? You really need to "pick a lane" already.

And once again you didn't respond to the post you've quoted btw.

You didn't like my original idea and rather than trying to improve it where it  would cost more  money  , lets simply create the industry standard . The goal is to increase the Instance population for now , not about toxicity

You didn't answer my questions for  the segregated Tier "forums" or the Megaserver  , which "prevents people from learning"

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1

I am sorry but this is incorrect. For the content I am talking about having quickness and alacrity is practically a requirement. For example you technically can do them in full soldier gear no problem at all. But do you really want to do that? Is that really something to even consider? No right, that sounds like a horrible experience. This is not a speedrunner thing, this is as important as a dps in dps gear or healers need to have healing skills. You need to understand they ARE required. 

Do you need those buffs in the current Strikes that don't have a Timer , or dungeon/Fractal t1-t3?

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1

You didn't like my original idea and rather than trying to improve it where it  would cost more  money  , lets simply create the industry standard .

Which idea? One of the ones I asked questions about and you completely dodged it? I guess it wasn't really about "me disliking it" then, but about you understanding it's lacking?

And what "industry standard"? Why are you quoting my posts and then dodge what I say anyways and then claim I should be instead responding to your subsequently asked questions? I don't get that approach.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Which idea? One of the ones I asked questions about and you completely dodged it? I guess it wasn't really about "me disliking it" then, but about you understanding it's lacking?

And what "industry standard"? Why are you quoting my posts and then dodge what I say anyways and then claim I should be instead responding to your subsequently asked questions? I don't get that approach.

What LFG system is currently used in most games ?

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Do you need those buffs in the current Strikes that don't have a Timer , or dungeon/Fractal t1-t3?

No, but it will be extremely painful. Let me ask you, can you do all of those in full soldiers and everyone in full soldiers? Yes, but it will be very painful and it will likely fail and people will stop using it. Perfect example is the public strike instance, who uses them? They are essentially LFG with no requirements and they are completely dead because the success rate is very low. 

I think your issue is here is that you think as long as people can get in a group, they will make it work and beat the content and laugh if they fail. I am here to tell you that if people get in group and they fail the content or have an extremely poor time then they will stop using that feature. If your goal is to group people then yes having a LFG with no requirement will work, but you will fail the more important point which is for people to actually do and complete the content.

Just now, Luci.7018 said:

What LFG system is currently used in most games ?

3 roles, 1 tank, 2-3 dps, 1 healer. So no even they don't use the people system you are describing. I just spend the past 2 hours why it doesn't work for GW2 because you can't expect the person to sign up for the quickness role without having quickness gear which is why their system will not work here.

No, but it will be extremely painful. Let me ask you, can you do all of those in full soldiers and everyone in full soldiers? Yes, but it will be very painful and it will likely fail and people will stop using it. Perfect example is the public strike instance, who uses them? They are essentially LFG with no requirements and they are completely dead because the success rate is very low. 

I think your issue is here is that you think as long as people can get in a group, they will make it work and beat the content and laugh if they fail. I am here to tell you that if people get in group and they fail the content or have an extremely poor time. Then they will stop using that feature. If your goal is to group people then yes having a LFG with no requirement will work, but you will fail the more important point which is for people to actually do and complete the content.

Again , rather than using these half assed " public strike instance" we should embrace and rebrand them , just like we Did with PoF>EoD Strikes , which where also dead

• Confused 1

3 roles, 1 tank, 2-3 dps, 1 healer. So no even they don't use the people system you are describing. I just spend the past 2 hours why it doesn't work for GW2 because you can't expect the person to sign up for the quickness role without having quickness gear which is why their system will not work here.

And i told you , there is no need for healer (company hates Scourges:) ) and no need for a quickness/alacrity role , because you can come as a "person" and join EoD strikes , Dungeons ,Fractals t1-t3 .

If you can provide Quickness and you are not bored , you can switch to the needs of the party

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Again , rather than using these half assed " public strike instance" we should embrace and rebrand them , just like we Did with PoF>EoD Strikes , which where also dead

Rebrand how? I gave the example of public strike instance because that is the result you are looking at. An automatic LFG would work in exactly the same way, people would be grouped and then they would fail. Can you explain to me how does a LFG would be better than public strike instance at actually completing the content? Because people actually did join the instances in the beginning, they just failed over and over again so nobody uses them anyway. LFG doesn't help with this.

• Like 1