Is this really a QoL MMO?

12 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

So QoL means moar loot moar powah at the expense of gaming experience and ease of access to content. Gotcha.

Again. Complaining about a dead Lfg is totally fine but has nothing to do with QoL. 

There have been many great examples of what QoL is in this thread so I'm not gonna repeat them. But I will give you a good example. 

Waypoints. 

Way points in o themself are not QoL as they are part of the Core Gw2 experience and pretty much needed for the game to function the way it does. 

However. The fact that when you create a new character, Waypoints in all starting Zones are unlocked is QoL. 

This way, new players can immediately play together without having to create the same race. 

This feature does not need to exit for the game to work and is purely there to give people a better game experience. Aka QoL. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Again. Complaining about a dead Lfg is totally fine but has nothing to do with QoL. 

There have been many great examples of what QoL is in this thread so I'm not gonna repeat them. But I will give you a good example. 

Waypoints. 

Way points in o themself are not QoL as they are part of the Core Gw2 experience and pretty much needed for the game to function the way it does. 

However. The fact that when you create a new character, Waypoints in all starting Zones are unlocked is QoL. 

This way, new players can immediately play together without having to create the same race. 

This feature does not need to exit for the game to work and is purely there to give people a better game experience. Aka QoL. 

QoL is a broad umbrella term encompassing any change that improves player experience or makes gaming less complicated without changing the games content/balance. User Interface changes/updates are well within the scope of quality of life updates.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 3