WvW Should be 1 Map with 1 Guild each side

Nymthalas.4019

21 hours ago, Bish.8627 said:

Planetside 2 has a good system, I won't try and explain it too detailed as it has been a while since I played it. But as the population gets smaller at night, factions (there are 3 and a neutral) can lock a map, those maps open with alerts focusing objectives there, but as it quietens down, fewer maps remain open with them rotating.

Could have a rewards bonus for alerts and locking a map maybe. Close all but EBT+1 map at night, maybe even just EBT open dead in the night or quiet hours.

It could be a nice addition to alliances!

17 hours ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

One thing is for sure. If such a thing was implemented wvw would lose a ton of players.  It would truly be the most ridiculous setup yet. 

One thing is for sure. If such thing was not implemented wvw would lose a ton of players. It would be truly the most stupid thing to stay like we are.

PD: The idea is debating i might be wrong, but giving opinions as absolute truths... well I think I've proven my point.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bish.8627 said:

Planetside 2 has a good system, I won't try and explain it too detailed as it has been a while since I played it. But as the population gets smaller at night, factions (there are 3 and a neutral) can lock a map, those maps open with alerts focusing objectives there, but as it quietens down, fewer maps remain open with them rotating.

Could have a rewards bonus for alerts and locking a map maybe. Close all but EBT+1 map at night, maybe even just EBT open dead in the night or quiet hours.

Does planetside have home maps concept? Do they use a points system?

If we had four ebg type maps this would work. Unfortunately, the usual wrench in any of these suggestions is the home maps, you can't close one or two of them while leaving one or two open because then you start messing with the points. In order to ensure it's fair to all three sides, all three of their maps need to be open, provide the same amount of points and objectives, at all times. (yes desert kinda breaks this in certain areas, like the layout being bigger and having shrines, but it's a minor difference).

The closest thing we could do is close all three borderland maps, and have ebg and eotm open during those low times. Unfortunately this would also possibly end up locking border maps almost permanently for certain time zones, which is also unfair for them.

I don't mind a lattice system, or a system of closing maps to focus players into other maps, (both planetside and warhammer played like this), but for wvw the three home maps, plus the points system, always throw a wrench in those suggestions.

Edited by Xenesis.6389

56 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

It could be a nice addition to alliances!

One thing is for sure. If such thing was not implemented wvw would lose a ton of players. It would be truly the most stupid thing to stay like we are.

PD: The idea is debating i might be wrong, but giving opinions as absolute truths... well I think I've proven my point.

You have proven nothing.  The idea of one guild per server is nothing short of ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Does planetside have home maps concept? Do they use a points system?

If we had four ebg type maps this would work. Unfortunately, the usual wrench in any of these suggestions is the home maps, you can't close one or two of them while leaving one or two open because then you start messing with the points. In order to ensure it's fair to all three sides, all three of their maps need to be open, provide the same amount of points and objectives, at all times. (yes desert kinda breaks this in certain areas, like the layout being bigger and having shrines, but it's a minor difference).

The closest thing we could do is close all three borderland maps, and have ebg and eotm open during those low times. Unfortunately this would also possibly end up locking border maps almost permanently for certain time zones, which is also unfair for them.

I don't mind a lattice system, or a system of closing maps to focus players into other maps, (both planetside and warhammer played like this), but for wvw the three home maps, plus the points system, always throw a wrench in those suggestions.

Do you think is unfair? I mean if that timezone doesnt get enough ppl to make queue in one map how much could it affect them?

1 hour ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

You can’t implement based on time zone.  Even if it’s not many players you can’t go locking out people from doing what they paid money to do.  

First the game is F2P , second people wants to play WvW and as far as i remember EBG is playing WvW. Closing HBLs and leaving EBG for time schedules with very low population just makes sense, like you can still get some easy ppt, and at the same time have some fights.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

First the game is F2P , second people wants to play WvW and as far as i remember EBG is playing WvW. Closing HBLs and leaving EBG for time schedules with very low population just makes sense, like you can still get some easy ppt, and at the same time have some fights.

It might be f2p now but many of us have paid to play this game and get all the features.  I stand by my comments.  

3 hours ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

Do you think is unfair? I mean if that timezone doesnt get enough ppl to make queue in one map how much could it affect them?

Ok lets look at it this way.

If you close a map does the home side still gain points or not?

Is it fair for them to gain uncontested points from that map while closed?

Or be closed off from the map and not gain points?

Like I said if we didn't have the home borderlands concept we could go with the idea of turning maps on and off. Even if you just state well just run ebg alone, that I'm sure will not be good for some players, do you want to punish players out from ever playing alpine and desert then because of their timezone?

Game runs 24/7, on a points system, all maps need to be open all the time, just because you're low pop for a period doesn't mean everyone else should be penalized for it. Again if all four maps were ebg this would be a different discussion.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

Not really F2P unless you like losing access to 90% of the game.

Anyway, if the home BL were closed during 'off hours' (which what does that even mean) it would just encourage the side that has the most players to spawn camp EBG.  There would be no fights for the losing server as they don't have manpower to leave and would just log off.  

Better solution may be locking EBG itself off after a certain time if one server cannot compete.  Then you'd still have the HBLs and not have to worry about SMC callouts every 10 minutes if it can't properly be defended.  Also eliminates the spawn camping issue as HBLs don't suffer from that like EBG does.  

Why would you create alliance make a whole change to manage the population when you are going to dump all these players back into the same scoring system and maps? 

it would only be beneficial if your ally are holding maps elsewhere where your enemy have to find them. if you cannot locate and destroy your enemy and their ally, you lost 😛