I wish reddit cared about pvp as much as they do about mount skins

Kuya.6495

I am a rather new player (2 months in the game) and I have to admit I enjoy both game mods. PvE and PvP. The content I run is pvp ranked (almost plat 1 atm), Fractals cms and other pve stuff. After farming cms a bit I have to admit, they are not exactly challenging due to the game mode, but they can be extremely challenging with a bad team. Same goes for pvp. I am not sure how many over here run cms/raids but saying that gw2 pve is 100% casual is simply not true. Try running 100 cm with a bad team and I am sure you will be on the verge of braking your keyboard from all the times you will fail. I am lucky to have a premade team of 3 good players I run pve with and we can clear cms without wipes. However when they are not around and I am forced to join pug groups, the game is a completely different experience. If pve was a completely casual experience people would just jump in raids/cm and clear them without flinching.

You guys really shouldn't bash pve so much. As a new player one of the things I noticed and amazed me was how helpful the pve community was to new players, something that I rarely saw from the pvp community. I remember how asking a question in pve map chat would get me tons of players trying to help me (most of the time), while pvp players acted as if I didn't exist (asking questions that I couldn't find an easy answer in wiki btw). I have had groups failing at Fractals after multiple attempts and instead of going on a rant about how bad everyone is they would just say "ty for the run guys I am out, gl". You will rarely see a "nice game and ty for trying" in pvp ranked (if not ever). I am not saying that the pve community doesn't have flaws, they seem to defend the game no matter what and simply won't allow anyone to criticize it, which is really bad because people can't point out what is wrong and help the devs improve it.

As far as mounts go (not mount skins, I don't give a frack about them) they do add a lot to the game. Hell mounts and the way-point system are the main reason that I joined gw2 in the first place. I find it extremely tedious and time consuming to have to waste a part of my life going from point A to point B. I love walking irl, but doing so in a videogame is the most pointless bs that ever existed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know...why should people at Reddit care about sPvP when the devs from the game thenselfs dont seen to care about it?The balance is horrible right now, no way a new player or a pve player will even bother trying to play more then a few matches...I showed to my friends the game, was basically me roaming around on WvW(playing FB) and trying to get some fights...all i encountered was Druids, Warriors, Thiefs and mesmers and the only comments that I got was things like "Wow, he went invisible again!", "That dude just eated every attack from you, how is he not dead yet?", "Why is your character so slow? That other guy is basically on the other corner of the map allready hahaha", "What happened? Why you died?(Power Mesmer burst)", etc. So while GW2 might have a great combat system, the balance is just beyond disgusting, have yet to find a single person outside of the game that says "hey thats pretty cool".

Archived