Poll - Cause you like pools - What if taxes

Xenesis.6389

Interesting or not  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is this interesting or not?

• Yes - Heck yah! Moar money Moar gold Moar buffs!
    • No - Not another one these garbage ideas jfc go back to making joke petitions
    • Neutral - I'm here for popcorn sponsored by Strider

Basic concept.

Bring back the old buffs earn through wvw. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

Have pve players pay a fee to use the buffs for the week, let's say 5gold as an example, and they gain the maximum buffs for the entire week.

The gold is then entered into one pool.

Now all wvw players who earn up to diamond rank by the end of the week gets an automatic split of the pot amongst themselves at reset.

Or if not can do splits according to skirmish ranks earned, but I'll leave that for anet to calculate.

Of course this looks odd in concept, as it seems like wvw players are not earning score in order to power the buffs as before, it would be unfair to charge for buffs that wouldn't max out until later in the week, they could of course just lower the thresholds, but let's just call this a back payment for all the free buffs earned through wvw from years before. Pve players get buffs, wvw players get some extra gold from them for it, win win.

This will never happen of course, because anet.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

The old Power of the Mists concept was nice and I never understood, why it had to go (probably some technical thing because of mega servers). Tax mechanic described above would be developer hours spent at the wrong end of solving current WvW problems, IMO.

50 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

The old Power of the Mists concept was nice and I never understood, why it had to go (probably some technical thing because of mega servers). Tax mechanic described above would be developer hours spent at the wrong end of solving current WvW problems, IMO.

And yet their next update for wvw is improving rewards is that on the wrong end too?

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And yet their next update for wvw is improving rewards is that on the wrong end too?

No, but programming a taxing mechanic that needs to collect a fee, add it to a pool of money and distributing it to players of WvW based on a yet to program algorithm sounds way more complicated that adjusting existing loot tables or WXP variables to create better rewards.

Not so sure about the tax thing, but bringing back the old buffs would at least add an incentive to win a Matchup. 

But you could tie the ability to "claim" the Buff to a certain amount of activity per week (but I would rather make it via playtime, rather than skirmish track) 

• Confused 1