End of Dragons: revised feedback

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I do, too, and I still find the color schemes terrible, even without post-processing. (Note: You can find various elaborate tutorials on color theory online, and EoD is really extremely far off.)

I know what color theory is and there are lot of different design approaches to go for. So there's no single rule "do it this way or it's bad".
(I studied graphic design in my youth.)

I'd say that in EoD they used the complementary color model quite a lot, as in use opposite colors and maximize contrast to make em stand out more. Some like it, some don't. I'd say that they took quite a risk with this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It had more than enough time given what happened to IBS and it was likely similar development time to previous expacs. A different team with different design goals is more likely, especially given the focus was more on story.

GW2 used to be heavily focused on world building and map design, using organic gameplay and events to really tell strong open world stories. That changed around the middle of ls4, with only glimmers seen in places like Grothmar (which was a strong return to form). EoD maps for me are a far cry from where the game was at its peak. 

One of the chief causes is the skyscale. Looking at Shing Jea, the geography is a mess. There is height for heights sake in order to make the skyscale relevant and it negatively impacts the feel and flow of the map. PoF made sure it’s landscape was carefully balanced for the mounts. EoD is for want of a better phrase, a ‘mess of purpose’ as it tries to cater for skyscales, boats, Jade bots and other features in map design.

Most of that is likely forgivable if there was actually any content. A bare bones foundation of events and nothing else is not where a third expansion should be. That appears not to be a lack of time, but a deliberate design decision for reasons I can’t fathom

I think you mean to make jade bot zip lines relevant instead of skyscale mate.

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I think you mean to make jade bot zip lines relevant instead of skyscale mate.

Whilst it’s a relevant point, I make the point of skyscale because this has been a thing prior to EoD. North Drizzlewood is one such example. Whilst I don’t rule out the influence of zip lines, these feel more superfluous to the design, especially in Shing Jea. 

Zip lines or skyscale, I think the point still holds regardless

• Like 3

On 5/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, vares.8457 said:

How would you feel if you spent weeks or maybe months working on something just for someone to come along and say that you should be ashamed of it. Is this how you interact with other people?

I know it’s the internet and many seem to have forgotten their manners here 

right on brother

• Like 1