Leveling engi

Statikkzz.1297

Level up builds really aren't a thing. You can look up flamethrower builds on Metabattle or wherever, but those all assume level 80. It'll give you goals, though.

For the first spec, take Firearms. The last set of traits  includes Juggernaut, which you'll want while using the flamethrower.

I usually go with turrets for the other utilities | heal | elite, but you wouldn't have to.

You wouldn't think it, but flamethrower is a power weapon, or hybrid I suppose. You can use rifle or pistols, depending how you gear up.

• Like 1

The build you are looking for could be something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqlFw6YVMLWJWyTaA-e

This build uses double pistol and flamethrower as you wish, additionally i filled the other slots with elixirs, this will give you a very good amount of boons.

keep in mind that double pistol and flamethrower are condition weapons, while levelling you will need to use equipment with condition damage attritube to make this build effective.

the third traitline doesnt matter with this build, you need firearms to boost pistols and condition damage and alchemy to improve your elixirs.

general info: engineer relies on permanent kit swapping to be effective, as example how you could play this build:

upon entering combat you use your elixir B and U, after that you use flamethrower 4, then 2, swap to pistol using 4,3,2, swap back and use flamethrower 2 again.

But if you just want to autoattack flamethrower a condition build wont work, because most kits are some kind of hybrid weapons. Flamethrower is mostly condition damage while its autoattack is power flavoured. bomb kit is the same, its condition damage except the autoattack. Grenade kit is a well done hybrid mix with related traits.

Edited by mov.1246

This is what you want:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlZw6YasNWJO8LfnXA-zRIURUwPIc52JQ9Cw0A-e
Rifle gives you range, mobility, CC, if needed. 5>3>4 is a neat little combo that you use to get into combat, then switch to flamethrower and camp it. Use your explosions liberally (flamethrower 2, toolbelt 3, 4, doubletap 9). Use utility 2 on cooldown. Double-tap turret so it comes back sooner. Supply crate is a big bonk CC.

While leveling, the order of prioritization for your unlocks are Flamethrower, Juggernaut, and after that do whatever.
The mine is a very flexible spot, you can pack whatever you need in it, really.