The leveling experience - Feeling conflicted

1. The game is build as casual friendly, most players have a balance over work/studies-gaming. Please be aware of that.

2. There's more things that needs experience, like mastery points, you will feel like wanting to grind in future to fill mastery lines.

If you want to experience grind in this game, I say go for unlocking mounts, then ascended gears, then legendary. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

No, don't hurry.  Learn the game.  Learn the profession(s).  Learn the mechanics.  Your post-80 experience will be less frustrating.

you dont learn the game leveling. Leveling is a old concept. We have level skipping and down scaling. You can do all content as a level 80 and learn the class by actually trying different builds. There are so many roles that can be played at endgame, that your specific build could be effective for you, but may not be meta. Play to your own effectiveness. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I feel you.

When I first started playing GW2 I felt leveling up is super fast. I'm kinda amazed whenever someone mentions leveling in this game is slow. Because everything gives experience, and a lot of it. Exploration, killing, story instances, dungeons - if you do them according to story, gathering, crafting, events, jumping puzzles, etc'. You quickly progress way over the maps designated for lower levels. It's very different from something like wow class where progression is slow, and each level feels way more rewarding.

Now this is fine, since GW2 is different, and more horizontal than vertical as far as progression. There's a lot of things you can do in this game that unrelated to leveling.

It does beg the question of what is the point of the leveling process, and a large chunk of 1-79 gear. But, it's too late now 🙂

I suggest to just play and explore the core game and ignore your level as you.

• Sad 1