[Bug?]Black Diamond Exchange(Rare vs Exotic)

Zaklex.6308

So I exchanged my none usable Black Diamond junk item for the real thing at the vendor near Olishar's WP in Elon Riverlands, however I noticed the item I received was Rare in quality(Yellow) instead of Exotic(Orange) which the junk item was. Since you can also exchange the Brandspark and Sunset Jewels(both Exotics) for the Black Diamond, should the Black Diamond not be an Exotic item?

@hornswroggle.8023 said:No... Black Diamonds as they were introduced in HoT have always been "Rare" (Yellow rarity)

Yeah, but the one(s) you got in PoF as junk were Exotic(yes, there is Exotic junk), and both the Sunset and Brandspark Jewels are Exotic, yet they want me to trade those in for a Rare Black Diamond...I think not. Now if they're saying that there are Rare versions of the Brandspark and Sunset that would be fine, but I've only seen Exotic myself, unless there's some other form of Brandspark and Sunset Jewels I'm not aware of.

Not a bug. And, honestly, you end up with a better item when you trade for the rare Black Diamonds. The exotic Black Diamonds are literally worthless, and the Brandspark/Sunset/Mournstone are account bound and only vendor for about 3 silver. The rare Black Diamonds, however, are actually worth something and are able to be sold on the TP.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Not a bug. And, honestly, you end up with a better item when you trade for the rare Black Diamonds. The exotic Black Diamonds are literally worthless, and the Brandspark/Sunset/Mournstone are account bound and only vendor for about 3 silver. The rare Black Diamonds, however, are actually worth something and are able to be sold on the TP.

... Once they reactivate the vendor...

@hornswroggle.8023 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Not a bug. And, honestly, you end up with a better item when you trade for the rare Black Diamonds. The exotic Black Diamonds are literally worthless, and the Brandspark/Sunset/Mournstone are account bound and only vendor for about 3 silver.
The rare Black Diamonds, however, are actually worth something and are able to be sold on the TP.

The vendor OP mentioned is active. As is the one at Lair of the Forgotten.

@hornswroggle.8023 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Not a bug. And, honestly, you end up with a better item when you trade for the rare Black Diamonds. The exotic Black Diamonds are literally worthless, and the Brandspark/Sunset/Mournstone are account bound and only vendor for about 3 silver.
The rare Black Diamonds, however, are actually worth something and are able to be sold on the TP.

There's one at Lair of the Forgotten, one at Olishar's Waypoint, and probably one in Vabbi. It's just the Amnoon ones (and Primeval Steward) that are deactivated right now.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@hornswroggle.8023 said:

The vendor OP mentioned is active. As is the one at Lair of the Forgotten.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@hornswroggle.8023 said:

There's one at Lair of the Forgotten, one at Olishar's Waypoint, and probably one in Vabbi. It's just the Amnoon ones (and Primeval Steward) that are deactivated right now.

Oh OK my bad. thx for pointing it out.

Archived