Pve Specter

Dante.1508

Man this class is super fun to play and way better than all the other Thief builds in owpve.. No idea why more people don't enjoy its become my main stay playing. I hated Thief before specter existed.

I use this but with celestial

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 2

I've been enjoying spectre in OW a lot, too. Although I wouldn't say it is way better than all other OW specs. Even with the IP nerf staff daredevil is fun and strong.

I've been running trailblazer armor, viper weapons and trinkets. Same traits as your video OW build, with the exception of Bountiful Theft instead of Pressure Striking, and Sleight of Hand instead of Quick Pockets.

I'm finding both scepter/dagger and scepter/pistol fun. Dagger seems to do more damage, but pistol lets you kite around more and gives a bit of cleave with the purple lazor.

I'm biting my nails a bit about next Tuesday's patch. I hope they don't hit spectre too hard.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 11:39 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

I've been enjoying spectre in OW a lot, too. Although I wouldn't say it is way better than all other OW specs. Even with the IP nerf staff daredevil is fun and strong.

I've been running trailblazer armor, viper weapons and trinkets. Same traits as your video OW build, with the exception of Bountiful Theft instead of Pressure Striking, and Sleight of Hand instead of Quick Pockets.

I'm finding both scepter/dagger and scepter/pistol fun. Dagger seems to do more damage, but pistol lets you kite around more and gives a bit of cleave with the purple lazor.

I'm biting my nails a bit about next Tuesday's patch. I hope they don't hit spectre too hard.

Same i am worried for the patch myself..

Here is a similar build

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Specter_-_Condi_Celestial

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spectre is very strong and while I exclusively play Spectre, it is the least fun I've had playing a thief. It doesn't feel very fluid to me. 

That said, it is difficult to not play Spectre as a thief since it IS so strong and its very easy to build. It's almost "set-it-and-forget-it" in its play style. Easy rotation that's forgiving enough to allow fumbles because you can recover off the fact you're almost unkillable in open world pve content. I only die when I am absolutely distracted. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:30 AM, Jianyu.7065 said:

Spectre is very strong and while I exclusively play Spectre, it is the least fun I've had playing a thief. It doesn't feel very fluid to me. 

That said, it is difficult to not play Spectre as a thief since it IS so strong and its very easy to build. It's almost "set-it-and-forget-it" in its play style. Easy rotation that's forgiving enough to allow fumbles because you can recover off the fact you're almost unkillable in open world pve content. I only die when I am absolutely distracted. 

Its the opposite for me. The older thief classes felt either clunky or like tissue paper.. that in itself put me off. Daredevil was very sweaty to use.. and the rifle builds were clunky as hell.

Specter just feels fluid and smooth to run.

• Like 1