I Have an Actual Positive Thought This Time

Jitters.9401

Aside from buying and using specific skins from the gemstore....

Why not change mounts to vary depending either:

(1) Your home borderland.

(2) OR just whatever borderland you happen to be on.

Like the desert bl could be like a lizard or roadrunner.

The Snowy Bl really could be something akin to wolves or wolverines.

The regular alpine bl could be like black bears or badgers (I personally like the way a badger looks). 

The aesthetics of WvW has not really changed since I originally  left in 2015. Give something per bl to add that little aesthetic value to help with the desirability of WvW. 

That desert bl is horrible. It may look nice but it is like a massive obstacle course to get places.  Definition not user friendly. Though some like it, there are many others who find it bulky. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Confused 2

• Jitters.9401 changed the title to I Have an Actual Positive Thought This Time

I'd be ok with just adding unlockable skins from playing on each map for free or gold or wvw currencies I guess.

I wouldn't really support changing the mount abilities or anything since that would by definition be changing balance for each borderland.

I definitely wouldn't agree with overwriting peoples current warclaw aesthetic decisions.

More unique/varied warclaw skins and maybe some unlockable ones through playing the content wouldn't be my first priority but sure, it would give the art team something to do with wvw while the map and balance team wander aimlessly in the woods/backrooms or whatever they are doing.

Edit: To be clear, I see what you are doing and its a cool thought to add variety/flavour to each map but since they already sold us warclaw skins it wouldn't be possible to just override the mounts per map and would make lots of people who bought those skins bigmad.

Edited by Sahfur.5612

21 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Your idea wont really help your impression that DBL is kitten or make it play better, will it?

Silly little troll.

I said aesthetics. 

But since you want to fail at trolling. People actually have different feelings towards things depending on how the "look" makes them feel. 

I'm not being paid to educate you but how do you think marketing actuality works? There is a "value" to how things look. Like buying a car.  Do you think most people would "feel better" being seen in the same lime green gremlin as everyone else or a cherry red Mustang? People tend to look first at what attracts then most.

But like I said. Silly little troll. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sahfur.5612 said:

I'd be ok with just adding unlockable skins from playing on each map for free or gold or wvw currencies I guess.

I wouldn't really support changing the mount abilities or anything since that would by definition be changing balance for each borderland.

I definitely wouldn't agree with overwriting peoples current warclaw aesthetic decisions.

More unique/varied warclaw skins and maybe some unlockable ones through playing the content wouldn't be my first priority but sure, it would give the art team something to do with wvw while the map and balance team wander aimlessly in the woods/backrooms or whatever they are doing.

Edit: To be clear, I see what you are doing and its a cool thought to add variety/flavour to each map but since they already sold us warclaw skins it wouldn't be possible to just override the mounts per map and would make lots of people who bought those skins bigmad.

My bad. I didn't mean to hint at overriding current skins, I meant to allow other skins that everyone could have and there-in not make purchased skins obsolete. Just for the aesthetic value. 

Your idea of unlocking them would be perfect.

Edited by Jitters.9401

43 minutes ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Keep/Tower access exploits that have been here for ages.

Yeah.  There is one guy who keeps telling people how a thief with the staff can hop into the south west tower on the regular borderlands.

Question though.  Would a simple mount look change actually take away many resources?   If things haven't changed for years with the bugs then maybe giving something is better than waiting for possibly nothing.

Make them unlockable just by leveling in wvw. 

Edited by Jitters.9401
Short on info

The best thing about colours is that each colour looks different from all the other ones, excluding things like shades and gradients of course. Using dyes is a great way to enhance your gaming experience. Imagine running around in the desert and having dyed your mount in an amazing, unique style. Everyone will stop to admire your accomplishment and whisper you asking how did you do that. If you walk about town with your arm locked with a generic girlfriend, no one is going to ask "how did you get that?" But imagine! What if she's exceptionally hot, dyed with amazing colours? People are bound to wonder, how the hell is he with her?

Many people agree with you that the desert border should never have made it past the sketchpad. Unfortunately it is part of our experience now, kind of like diverticula. My advice to you, friend, is that you make the best of it and use the dyes you have access to and have a happy life.

3 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Silly little troll.

I said aesthetics. 

But since you want to fail at trolling. People actually have different feelings towards things depending on how the "look" makes them feel. 

I'm not being paid to educate you but how do you think marketing actuality works? There is a "value" to how things look. Like buying a car.  Do you think most people would "feel better" being seen in the same lime green gremlin as everyone else or a cherry red Mustang? People tend to look first at what attracts then most.

But like I said. Silly little troll. 

The last part of your OP show your bias and it certainly isnt aestehtics it come from.

• Confused 1