Offset Dailies / "Random" Dailies

Hello GW community,

Of course this is coming on the tail of patch day, and it's not about this patch... for what it's worth:

My simple idea is to make variation in dailies among each player each day.  For example there may be a group of players with Fractal Dailies, XYZ and a group Fractal Dailies ABC.  Maybe one player is offered a mission to capture a Keep in WvW, maybe another is X Amount of Healing.  That sort of stuff.  It might be healthier for the community and help recapture the spirit of exploration.  Thanks for Listening.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

While that sounds OK for single players, what about those that group? I often do dailies with my brother, and it is nice that they are the same. It would be a bother for one of us to have daily gathering in Maguuma and the other in Ascalon, for example.

• Like 2

Lovely idea.

They should also allow people to "vote" for for their personal content that they wish to play someday and becomes the   daily rotation (if Caudecus's Manor is played , then i gets a 2days-cd).

Or they can type somewhere for something else (and agreed by the devs) .

The normal daily rotation (quick-easy) should stay the same and when completed , a new single-community-based-daily shows up for an additional 2 gold (and other after 3 hours  (LFG requests))

Edit: And a grey-ed out achivement panel , for the new dailies and what time they start . If participation is high , then the next is enabled faster (server-wide do 6 dailies in 3 hours) .

There are also "baseline dailies" if all options are exhausted .

Specialized and centralized LFG for dailies (with achievements checks- district)...

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

One of the points of dailies being the same for everyone is that it focuses the players onto those limited choices.  If the daily fractals were randomized with 5 different sets each day, you might then get a situation where set 3 does not have enough interest for people to be able to do it.  And at least for fractals, it is nice to be able to simply look at the upcoming schedule and know that if I need to do fractal X, it shows up in Y days time.

I'm not sure when dungeons show up on dailies how much interest there is, but I have to imagine if 5 different dungeons, spread randomly among players, it would make it that much harder to PUG up for a dungeon.

The one thing I wish they would do is let us choose between dailies when some are triggered by expansions. Right now, if there is a PoF event and you don't have PoF, it offers some alternative, but if you do have PoF, you must do that PoF one.  I'd rather it be a choice - either do the PoF or the alternatives.  There are times when I've been in the silverwasters or dry top and think 'wow, there are a lot of people today', only to realize that for them, it is a daily because they don't have some expansion that I have, and I have to do the PoF instead.  I would much rather the extra bonus rewards from the far silverwastes.

3 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

While that sounds OK for single players, what about those that group? I often do dailies with my brother, and it is nice that they are the same. It would be a bother for one of us to have daily gathering in Maguuma and the other in Ascalon, for example.

Agreed.  The proposed change would negatively impact guild WvW dailies for my guild group.