What now?

edelweiss.2637

Mi main caracter is a warrior, im a new player and is not funny to start a caracter again, 

I lost interenst in this game, i just log in take the reward, do daylies and after that all a do is die, i go to pvp just to watch mi caracter die over and over again, i go to WvW for have cero progres bicose mi class is garbage

I go to HOT maps gust to die and die every time to get a single hero point, wen a figuraut the game tells me there i spend 3 hours of mi life, just doing nothing, cero game progres, cero knowlege of the game 

I feel like im waisting mi time, there is more constructive things to do that lose mi time with this game 

On top of that after a cuple of months i realise that i spend more time in youtube tutorias and wikis that playing the game 

Idk, up to you. I don't even main a warrior and I haven't logged in since that PR fluff post dropped yesterday. I'm already tired and I play games for a source of fun, not to get more tired. The whole thing is just exhausting and it's maddening they try to put any of it on us.

I'm just so tired of this industry's manure shoveling. I was close to quitting video games before I came back to this game and now I'm being reminded of why again lol. T_T

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Idk, up to you. I don't even main a warrior and I haven't logged in since that PR fluff post dropped yesterday. I'm already tired and I play games for a source of fun, not to get more tired. The whole thing is just exhausting and it's maddening they try to put any of it on us.

I'm just so tired of this industry's manure shoveling. I was close to quitting video games before I came back to this game and now I'm being reminded of why again lol. T_T

I don't blame you at all. From Blizzard, to Activision, to Ubisoft, to Epic, to Squeenix...the entire game industry is a kitten.show. Never forget that they tried to hawk that crypto/NFT "play-to-earn" garbage down our throats.

Letz see it like this. Now we lost our unique banners buff. Just sad in the first place. In the second you will notice that they now get room to rework warrior in a thing that it should ever be (or better said the e-specs should be). Just dps builds. Also they open the room for maybe a new Support oriented e-spec, who knows. But fact is its good that they finaly do something against banners. Letz hope the best xd

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

Letz see it like this. Now we lost our unique banners buff. Just sad in the first place. In the second you will notice that they now get room to rework warrior in a thing that it should ever be (or better said the e-specs should be). Just dps builds. Also they open the room for maybe a new Support oriented e-spec, who knows. But fact is its good that they finaly do something against banners. Letz hope the best xd

thats just banners, what about everything else, its nice to see some of us still sticking with it, so how many more years do you guys have?

• Confused 2

@eXruina.4956 well i mean its just a warrior means basicly dps. Your roles are actually build around that one thing. Spell is simply dps+boon remove+bit more tanky/ Berserker is just high aoe dps (condi and power) + ccs/ bladesworn is just high Single targed dps. I think it would be nice to see finaly something Else than just dps. I would pretty mutch love to finaly get a dps/boon supp e-spec at next xd.

42 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I don't blame you at all. From Blizzard, to Activision, to Ubisoft, to Epic, to Squeenix...the entire game industry is a kitten.show. Never forget that they tried to hawk that crypto/NFT "play-to-earn" garbage down our throats.

Exactly, yeah, it's a huge mess that they never stop trying to monetize more on. And honestly, when it was mostly monetization that was the issue, it was awful, but it was something where I could decide whether I want to tolerate a particular game and pass on it if not. Now it seems like it's increasingly this thing where not only is monetization bad, but quality is taking a nosedive too. We've got games like ME: Andromeda, Anthem, Cyberpunk, that tanked on launch and/or had major issues in development. MMOs like this one and SWTOR both tanking player faith in them near the 10 anniversary. And just recently, I saw the new lego star wars game came out, which I knew would be a repeat of a lot of the franchises old stuff, but I figured "with improvements" and it apparently doesn't even have character customization in it, something that's been in most lego star wars games.

These are just some examples, but what it all adds up to for me is that this industry, for whatever reason whether it's management, working conditions, poor pay not able to keep skilled people around anymore, idk. But whatever it is, it's like studios are scraping by now just to put out a game that is finished, much less fun. Game after game seems increasingly void of any creativity anymore, or what little creativity it has is rushed and half-baked ideas that are "day one patch" levels of buggy.

I don't want to romanticize how it was earlier in the video game industry's life, but it's hard to imagine any studio now even being capable of putting out the kind of titles that created the franchises still being milked today. A Guild Wars, a KOTOR, a Mass Effect, whatever. You name it, its original design now would probably be an Anthem: half realized failure.

So as gloomy as it sounds, it's hard to even look forward to stuff in this industry anymore. I know there are some indie devs out there still making solid stuff, but it's pretty much never 3d rpgs, which is more the type I'm into, so I'm mostly left with replaying old stuff lol and that gets, well... old.