Blood Bank design error?

Seuchenherbst.2746

Since the latest balance patch stated that "Blood Bank: Now also converts incoming healing from healing-over-time effects such as regeneration into barrier. ", I went ahead and checked some of the necro traits for synergy. Surprisingly, Blight is actually converted into barrier when you've traited Blood Bank. Finally we have at least one non-harbinger trait which interacts with blight.

However, I also checked Parasitic Contagion and Unholy Sanctuary (you know, because they grant 'healing over time'), and unfortunately those traits do not interact with Blood Bank at all.

Really a missed opportunity, I think.

As a side note, I found that Rune of Sanctuary appears to work the same way (Blight grants barrier).

So what do you guys think? Was it an oversight by the devs? Or intentional?

Personally I do not see the heal of Parasitic contagion as a heal over time. It look like it heal over time because conditions deal damage over time.

On another hand, I do think that Unholy sanctuary is a heal over time.

It would be interesting to see which heal over time work with runes of sanctuary now. Food? soothing mist? virtue of resolve? Healing signet/adrenal health? Rugged growth/natural healing/signet of renewal? Big boomer/backpack regenerator? Elevated compassion?

Does Superior runeset of the dolyak work with Blood bank? ... Etc.

17 hours ago, Seuchenherbst.2746 said:

Since the latest balance patch stated that "Blood Bank: Now also converts incoming healing from healing-over-time effects such as regeneration into barrier. ", I went ahead and checked some of the necro traits for synergy. Surprisingly, Blight is actually converted into barrier when you've traited Blood Bank. Finally we have at least one non-harbinger trait which interacts with blight.

However, I also checked Parasitic Contagion and Unholy Sanctuary (you know, because they grant 'healing over time'), and unfortunately those traits do not interact with Blood Bank at all.

Really a missed opportunity, I think.

As a side note, I found that Rune of Sanctuary appears to work the same way (Blight grants barrier).

I think blood blank is a horrible skill that shouldn't be in blood magic at all seeing as how only really scourge can make the most of it and we lost what could have been potentially a good support trait slot on something wasted that cant be used with most necro builds...... 

IT was an oversight by them to put a barrier trait that depends on healing in blood magic when 2 of the 3 forms of necromancer cannot receive healing half of the time due to how their shrouds work.

19 hours ago, Seuchenherbst.2746 said:

Welcome to the land of spaghetti code, where each existing skill and trait has to be adjusted manually to work with new stuff.

Blight is most likely coded like the regeneration boon, while unholy sanctuary is not.

Blighter's boon works with blood bank and can generate some nice barrier in spite/blood magic/reaper builds ... yeah if non-onslaught reapers were not trash in general.

Maintaining the game and fixing bugs must be a total nightmare in 2022.

Edited by KrHome.1920