condi rifle is a thing...?

Stalima.5490

Sharpshooter has a 33% chance to proc on crit. Let's assume you are crit capped. This means with the 3-hit auto, you will get 1 proc of this trait on average per auto.

Then 3 stacks of bleeding every 6 seconds from blunderbuss.

And 1 proc of shrapnel every 3 autos on average, since you just have 1 explosion in the auto.

And that is basically all you get as condition damage from rifle... I don't really see this to be worth it? Sure, it is nice that you can proc sharpshooter more reliably and actually get shrapnel procs unlike with pistol. But pistol generally still has superior condition output and especially way more diverse conditions with bleed, poison, confusion and burn versus rifle just having bleeding as condition damage.

59 minutes ago, LunieL.1738 said:

...and it's emty. You need to create a link using 'get quicklink' button and copying the generated link. 

Could you please provide some numbers? At least dmg you do with such build

sorry, updated the link, must have generated one then copied the top bar instead.

47 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

sorry, updated the link, must have generated one then copied the top bar instead.

This build is not crit capped, but it should be as far as much bleeding comes from Shrapnel trait and sigil of earth, but it's 33% chance for trait so you need to crit every single strike to proc it and sigil on CD. And burning inflicting also depends on crits..  Also you will need perma fury, if you can't rely on allies you will have to use both No Scope and Short fuse. You also can include flamethrower into rotation to keep burning uptime, that will give really significant dmg increase. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlxygZusEWMOML6xKA-zRJYmRBfZEXBkbC4zA-e

Maybe try smth like this.. it's crit capped with perma fury, using flamethrower 4+2 and 2 on CD, inflicts as many bleeding as you can with such build with 100% duration and 76% of burning duration..but I still don't think it's viable. 

Upd: bleeding infliction is made not by crit but by explosion, but in our case it changes nothing for build , you have to be crit capped😄

Upd2: sorry again, it come from both Shrapnel (explosion) and Snapshooter (on crit), my bad again 😄

Edited by LunieL.1738

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Sharpshooter has a 33% chance to proc on crit. Let's assume you are crit capped. This means with the 3-hit auto, you will get 1 proc of this trait on average per auto.

Then 3 stacks of bleeding every 6 seconds from blunderbuss.

And 1 proc of shrapnel every 3 autos on average, since you just have 1 explosion in the auto.

It's also sigil of earth, incendiary powder for burning on crit, and AAR also causes explosion each 3 second, so It's a bit more sources but still..

I would mainly use this for crit and stuff. And condi only if some other parts of the build were in the focus that have conditions as main thing (maybe from kits or so) - where they rifle additionally (with the bleed and the CC) would fit in as well.

2 hours ago, LunieL.1738 said:

It's also sigil of earth, incendiary powder for burning on crit, and AAR also causes explosion each 3 second, so It's a bit more sources but still..

True, but all these sources you can also use with pistols, so they don't really help rifle getting an edge over this weapon in a condition build.

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:
2 hours ago, LunieL.1738 said:

True, but all these sources you can also use with pistols, so they don't really help rifle getting an edge over this weapon in a condition build.

Yep, I just wanted to point out that sources are here, I didn't mean the build will work. Anyway, I assume I could even test it later this evening. The only thing - you are usually not crit capped using common condi build and don't have lot of explosions, so don't proc traits quite often. Need to test it anyway. Who knows, maybe it just was discovered new OP condi rifle build 😄 

I think the big problem is the way the mech inherits stats, it kinda funnels you into a handful rather than benefitting from all the stats you want to because of the master traits, particularly regarding precision

Edited by Stalima.5490

4 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Rifle and Greatsword are the only weapon that doesnt have a class able to use them as a condi weapon.

The closest to condi rifle would be Berserker F1 since it can also apply burn but that's pretty much it.

Condi willbender has sometimes used greatsword. 

1 hour ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

Condi willbender has sometimes used greatsword. 

Guardian's greatsword doesn't have a single damaging condi in it's kit, tho. The weapon is probably just used because of it's multi hit capabilities in this case.

What he meant was that no class has a rifle or greatsword designed as a condition weapon primarily. So no class has access to kits for these weapons which spread many damaging conditions as an integral part of the skills (instead of using traits and other skills to create conditions).

14 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Guardian's greatsword doesn't have a single damaging condi in it's kit, tho. The weapon is probably just used because of it's multi hit capabilities in this case.

What he meant was that no class has a rifle or greatsword designed as a condition weapon primarily. So no class has access to kits for these weapons which spread many damaging conditions as an integral part of the skills (instead of using traits and other skills to create conditions).

That is 100% correct. Greatsword turns out to be about the same damage as Sword/Torch in some Willbender condi builds because of all the F1 triggers.

Edited by lorddarkflare.9186