I forgot about the armor

Luthan.5236

The armor value/stat. Since previous mini season (when they made buffs to engineer's rifle) I played my main mecha - but didn't know whether I'd like it or not ... with the rifle. So I used another template slot which I had empty (not used for PvE yet) ... and just added the amulet and stuff.

Now ... it makes sense that with the amor also having an own armor stat ... and the skins they want to sell - that they require you to at least have somethign equipped in the non-hidable slots. Thing is ... I almost completely forgot that there was the separate armor rating from the armor itself. Because this is sooo unimportant most of the time in the game. Even in PvE. With everything focusing on the other stats mainly. And Ascended gear being the best ... only a few percentage more than exotics (which probably anyone at least has - except very new players still leveling/learning). You do not look at this anymore because you compare only the other stats. Armor value is the same for every armor for your class. (Unless you use gear of less rarity which might barely happen. Only maybe if you want a very expensive stat combo where in PvE the exotic might be a lot less expensive than ascended. Still then only it makes a few percent.)

Funny when someone mentioned it to my like 2 days ago. From start previous mini season until then ... I did not notice. Since I played full glass cannon (almost - only some mobility skills and invulnverability/stun break for defense) - staying in ranged. (Which worked if others did not die a lot.) Someone said then "it not only about the stats, equip some pants and look at your armor rating".

Then I was like "wtf ... totally forgot about that value". ๐Ÿ˜„ Funny how I feel a lot stronger though. (And did not play worse with no armor + rifle buff compared to before the rifle buff and with armor equipped.)

Seems like a good training - cause I tend to attack a lot - not too good at kiting/running around corners - to stay alive. (Which I automatically trained more with the no armor build But I thought it was fully cause of the glass cannon setting. Before the rifle buff I played condi mecha melee with mace and shield and more toughness as well I think.)

Funny though that for older threads I googled - this seems aย  common misunderstanding some people sometimes do not know about. Even though researching the wiki. You just forget that the game might do this ... omittign the armor stat and not having this normalized as well in PvP. (The separate gear tab does not even show your PvE armor there. Making it seem like the game would give out the base armor stat regardless of euipped armor.) Also there is no warning. (Afaik for not equipping amulet or stuff ... there isย  warning - if I remember correctly.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

Ha ha. Also seems pretty weird - would not have that expected. Never use the arena though. (I though the game would check on PvP area and already disable it there in that "lobby". Will also give different stats numbers then and affect the testing on the NPCs there if you still have nourishment boon enabled.)

The only thing I sometimes do is jumping on some of the pillars and - when you still are friendly to the players down there - using ranged skills that affect friendly players ... to "help" them. ๐Ÿ˜„

Almost always queuing from PvE though. Not staying in that PvP lobby. Good if you get bored while doing PvE stuff and/or waiting there for some timed things.

Edited by Luthan.5236

14 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The only thing I sometimes do is jumping on some of the pillars and - when you still are friendly to the players down there - using ranged skills that affect friendly players ... to "help" them. ๐Ÿ˜„

ahh so you are one of these pesky mosquitos ๐Ÿ˜‰

people doing this are lamergamers.

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

not having this normalized as well in PvP. (The separate gear tab does not even show your PvE armor there. Making it seem like the game would give out the base armor stat regardless of euipped armor.) Also there is no warning. (Afaik for not equipping amulet or stuff ... there isย  warning - if I remember correctly.)
ย 

ย 

It is normalized except that you need something equipped on certain slots for the normalization to actually scale off of or rather those slots be taking into account. Those slots are also the ones EVERY character comes with something equipped with out of the box, unrelated to say any background choices made in character creation (which can lead to some additional armor pieces for example like shoulders).

ย 

Strait from the pvp wiki:

This mechanic allows players to be on an equal playing field with the same attributes, skills, and equipment options as other players. Players need to equip chest, legs and foot armor to achieve the base armor value, but hands, shoulders and head may be ignored.

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

ย 

Yes there is no warning about not having something equipped. I guess the developers did not consider players actually taking off items intentionally when entering a pvp match.

Edited by Cyninja.2954