Willbender Sword skills and Physical skills.

Arctarius.2649

So as the title suggests, the willbender was supposed to be the martial arts spec that used its swords, mobility and its martial arts prowess to swiftly eliminate its foes... however I find myself not using my swords and using boring scepter torch.. again...

Why is it that you give this class a weapon and theme that it cannot follow? why are you holding back on improving the (PVE) coefficients on its physical skills and sword skills as you have for multiple other specs at this point? theres enough burn builds for guardian to hold players over for the next ten years.. Please allow us to play the power willbender as it was intended to be played, a fast assasin that deals damage with its SWORDS and MARTIAL SKILLS. 

Edited by Arctarius.2649
  • Like 4

I use dual swords and greatsword in wvw and open world pve. The places where dual swordbender suffers is mostly in places where condi is king, namely fractals and raids, or in wvw zergs where multihit and multitarget is very strong. In places where mobility and rapid chaining between targets is strong, dual swords start to shine. It's all about knowing your tools and where to apply them. 

23 hours ago, Falconwing.8105 said:

I use dual swords and greatsword in wvw and open world pve. The places where dual swordbender suffers is mostly in places where condi is king, namely fractals and raids, or in wvw zergs where multihit and multitarget is very strong. In places where mobility and rapid chaining between targets is strong, dual swords start to shine. It's all about knowing your tools and where to apply them. 

In PvE power WB does use s/s and gs, but let’s face it, gs is your main weapon here. And power WB sucks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

In PvE power WB does use s/s and gs, but let’s face it, gs is your main weapon here. And power WB sucks.

I dont know if you raid but no, sowrd is not used, scepter focus is. sword does an underwhelming amount of dps and it sucks, the same goes for all the new martial arts utility skills, you take sword of justice, and the signet like always because the they are not up to par. I dont get why you would make a class with a bunch of new skills that are al weaker than previous core skills... now im forced to play it condi.. Again. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:04 PM, Falconwing.8105 said:

yeah this is why in my post i was talking about for pve, its fine in pvp. My anger comes from the fact that all physical skills and sword offhand skills are weak for no reason in pve when many other older weapons and utilities remain far superior. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arctarius.2649 said:

I dont know if you raid but no, sowrd is not used, scepter focus is. sword does an underwhelming amount of dps and it sucks, the same goes for all the new martial arts utility skills, you take sword of justice, and the signet like always because the they are not up to par. I dont get why you would make a class with a bunch of new skills that are al weaker than previous core skills... now im forced to play it condi.. Again. 

You are simply wrong. It's the other way around. Scepter is not used in any power build. Scepter is significantly worse than sword.

Power WB is junk and for them to completely neglect it on 8/23 is really alarming.

Edited by Falseprophet.1502
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Falseprophet.1502 said:

You are simply wrong.

No im really not.. I have raided with many top players who test these things, and swords suck in comparrison. We are both agreeing that power is kitten regardless and needs to be fixed, I dont care what people beleive individually.. collectivly we can all agree that power blows for Willbender for no reason when it should not. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Arctarius.2649 said:

No im really not.. I have raided with many top players who test these things, and swords suck in comparrison. We are both agreeing that power is kitten regardless and needs to be fixed, I dont care what people beleive individually.. collectivly we can all agree that power blows for Willbender for no reason when it should not. 

Power builds are definitely kinda garbage at the moment, but sword is still stronger than scepter for them. The only PvE Guardian builds running scepter at the moment are cfb and cwb.

46 minutes ago, Arctarius.2649 said:

Yes, you really are. Your post is just pure misinformation. Scepter was nerfed years ago and Arenanet specifically came out saying that "scepter SHOULD NOT be a top melee weapon." It hasn't been buffed since. This is the same patched that buffed Zealot's Defense to put Sword ahead of Scepter.

You can even run longbow/greatsword and get better numbers than scepter/focus/greatsword.

Prove me wrong. Show me your logs of a scepter/focus parsing better than a sword/focus. Show me these "top players" you play with!

Edited by Falseprophet.1502
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, Falseprophet.1502 said:

Yes, you really are. Your post is just pure misinformation. Scepter was nerfed years ago and Arenanet specifically came out saying that "scepter SHOULD NOT be a top melee weapon." It hasn't been buffed since. This is the same patched that buffed Zealot's Defense to put Sword ahead of Scepter.

You can even run longbow/greatsword and get better numbers than scepter/focus/greatsword.

Prove me wrong. Show me your logs of a scepter/focus parsing better than a sword/focus. Show me these "top players" you play with!

Ok my mistake, it was focus not scepter. I got them mixed because my initial post is stating how scepter torch condi Willbender is far superior to power sword/ sword. but my point still stands, I am not duel wielding sword regardless so what is the difference if it was scepter or focus? It’s still lame and not sword. 

my source is snowcrows, the best guild for top rated builds on the game.. this build was their best power benchmark and it did not utilize sword / sword.

https://youtu.be/-OiH1BLuJpo

Edited by Arctarius.2649
  • Like 1