If only WvWvW was like...

Varheroth.6748

Hey folks,

my vision (and very likely this has been asked for before at some point) for WvWvW would be something like Guild v Guild /Order vs Order, the mist can resemble different time lines and outcomes and representing on of the Orders (Whispers, Vigil, Priory) would be my favourite take to it. Why should they not be fighting each other in the mists! :D

Of course you could also go with some other 3 factions (Jormags favoured, Balthazar's army... etc idc)

First, you chose a faction as you can in other MMORPGs with your guild and fight for it, for a season. You get assigned to a server to fight the other factions.

- Orders  can be selected  and changed every few months ( every season idc)

- the incentive to fight for a faction that you actively chose instead of for a server that you cannot (besides being in a guild) relate to whatsover would imo make a lot more people see reason to get into WvW

- you can build styles ( the appearance and walls etc of keeps, armor weapons around it, as in PvE ( potential gem store visual benefits, to create money)

- maybe grant a whole array of Order/faction skills to use as utility /stealth skill for Whispers/stab for Vigil.... (would need a lot of balancing presumably)

Feel free to expand this idea or elaborate on it.🙃

If anything, this is what I am hoping for with regard to the future of WvW and what Anet might be secretly planning...

Regards

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Letting you chose a guild to fight for to fight other guild in WvW will imo exclude a lot of players, who just want to casually roam or engage in flipping a keep with a few friends..but sometimes join the guild raids/trains to farm for some greater loot. Make the incentive to fight for something not only guild based but also faction/order based, please!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Varheroth.6748 said:

Letting you chose a guild to fight for to fight other guild in WvW will imo exclude a lot of players, who just want to casually roam or engage in flipping a keep with a few friends..but sometimes join the guild raids/trains to farm for some greater loot. Make the incentive to fight for something not only guild based but also faction/order based, please!

Every time the betas come around people think up problems that needs solutions... completely ignoring that alliances is the solution to the problems they imagine.

You can literally replace "Faction" in the OP with "Alliance" and the function is the same and "Order" is just another name for your color - you're describing the world restructure system, albeit with less visual customizations (same suggestions we went through 3+ years ago or so, nothing I disagree with).

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Varheroth.6748 said:

Wasnt EOTM created for that and for some testing content?

TDLR they do wvw cause EOTM is not part of WvW and they cant increase rank by ktrain... (duno if the reward tracks work on eotm tho).

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

I don't think it is the same as alliances, because alliances let's you goup with a specific amount of other players from other guilds. While factions/orders, keep the same randomness of players PLUS guildies, you are matched with bc of faction/order choice. Thereby it will keep the entire population healthy in WvW bc guild as mandatory for alliance or not needed. Instead you assign yourself to a faction and find something besides your guild to fight for, which will increase the likeliness to log on besides having to deal with guild/alliance request, and generate more interaction with other "like-factioned" players^^

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Varheroth.6748 said:

I don't think it is the same as alliances, because alliances let's you goup with a specific amount of other players from other guilds. While factions/orders, keep the same randomness of players PLUS guildies, you are matched with bc of faction/order choice. Thereby it will keep the entire population healthy in WvW bc guild as mandatory for alliance or not needed. Instead you assign yourself to a faction and find something besides your guild to fight for, which will increase the likeliness to log on besides having to deal with guild/alliance request, and generate more interaction with other "like-factioned" players^^

Guilds are not mandatory for world restructure. Alliances are not mandatory for world restructure.

The beta you are in right now does not even have alliances and I am pretty sure people without guilds can also play. 

The point of the slot restriction seen in the alliances design spec is also that you can join them with a tiny guild... ie a 1 man guild and still only take up 1/500 slots, unless Anet limit the floor/guild count.

• Confused 1

So if I (guild A) want to play with my friends from different guilds A and B, but those guilds do not want to play in the same alliance, bc guild A (leadership) likes to play with guild C and B (leadership) likes to play with D. And my friends are in A and B. With the current tech, we can all play together bc A-D belong to the same world.

With a faction/order system, I could play with my friends from different guilds.

But in the coming system I would have to choose, or my guild leadership would choose who we are matched with. So I cannot , like I do now, play with my friends from different guilds.

Edited by Varheroth.6748
  • Confused 1

So if I (guild A) want to play with my friends from different guilds A and B, but those guilds do not want to play in the same alliance, bc guild A (leadership) likes to play with guild C and B (leadership) likes to play with D. And my friends are in A and B. With the current tech, we can all play together bc A-D belong to the same world.

With a faction/order system, I could play with my friends from different guilds.

But in the coming system I would have to choose, or my guild leadership would choose who we are matched with. So I cannot , like I do now, play with my friends from different guilds.

The solution to that is called kitten those guilds we're making our own. 

No, it's not, sadly. BC you can be in a wvw guild for the farm train and in a small scale guild for skirmishes. I am and I know many ppl who are as well. We could not and will not be able to decide if we stick with the small scale guild or the larger train.. both are fun and necessary activities. So Alliance system will screw these options if they don't choose to be in the SAME alliance bc leaderships want to join other trains or skirmishing guilds. Just think about this and really consider it. That's why faction/orders you could select chose from AND team up with guilds that have chosen to do the same would make more sense. As the faction/order would be purely cosmetic and without actual funtionality 🤓

Edited by Varheroth.6748
  • Confused 1

No, it's not, sadly. BC you can be in a wvw guild for the farm train and in a small scale guild for skirmishes. I am and I know many ppl who are as well. We could not and will not be able to decide if we stick with the small scale guild or the larger train.. both are fun and necessary activities. So Alliance system will screw these options if they don't choose to be in the SAME alliance bc leaderships want to join other trains or skirmishing guilds. Just think about this and really consider it. That's why faction/orders you could select chose from AND team up with guilds that have chosen to do the same would make more sense. As the faction/order would be purely cosmetic and without actual funtionality 🤓

Question: Do you see any pug commanders in your currently assigned team during this beta week?

Because if you do then your "farm train" is like... all the other people on the team. 

The choice seem very simple. On top of pugs, if you join an alliance with your small guild... isn't the rest of the alliance the "farm train"?  

Maybe you are actually trying to refer to community guilds ("farm train" is a... very odd way to designate a guild...) but that's the thing - alliances replace them with better player management and the concept of individual guilds within the group, unlike now where you all join a secondary guild and all become its guilds members.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

To me this makes total sense. You can do stuff like Jade Brotherhood vs Speakers and make a map based in Echovald. The only problem is the fact WvW is based around >three< factions fighting eachother, that makes it a lot harder to find suitable current or historical conflicts.   

It's too bad that those with creative minds, who would've loved WvW to be more than it is now, have already given up on it. And all you'll find on the forum is people who lack such insight and will be confused and offended by any sort of drastic change you propose to WvW.