[Bugs] List of general bugs for Guardian

supporthero.4520

Together with other guardian mains from the Snow Crows Help Desk Discord I collected a list of bugs, that may affect anyone playing guardian or it's elite specs in any game mode. I also added two points of potentially unintended behavior that has been around for some time

The bugs:

- The Torch 4 throw, Zealots Fire, from the trait Radiant Fire consistently disappears, if it procs while you throw your weapon charge of Zealots Fire, resulting in wasting the traited charge. This only happens, if the buff of the weapons Zealots Fire runs out, while you are casting it (after 3 seconds) and the traited proc from Radiant Fire triggers in this time -> causing the traited proc to disappear. See 3:44-3:46 in the video: https://youtu.be/Qb0F_T6AMzo?t=224 

- On Firebrand, if you weapon swap immediately after casting Axe 2, you will be unable to do press any skills with a cast time for about 0.5 seconds on your swapped weapon. This happens consistently.

- Greatsword 2/Whirling Wrath only creates one Combo Whirl Finisher instead of creating one for every spin the character does (in this case 3).

- Axe 3/Blazing Edge is not automatically facing your character towards the enemy (if you're standing still). Meaning you are also unable to cast it without facing the target. Leading to Blazing Edge not being casted in some situations.

- The damage over time effect from Greatsword 5/Binding Blade can't exist more than once on the same target. This causes issues, if two or more guardians want to use this skill to cc or causes more than one guardian player to lose out on the DoTs damage in case if they are casted around the same time. Bascially any Binding Blade debuff after the first on one target goes to waste.

- When two Dragonhunters use the pull/Hunter's Verdict from F1/Spear of Justice at the same time on the same target, the buff on the target persists when it should normally disappear with the use of the pull/Hunter's Verdict. This could allow a Dragonhunter, thanks to a reset from Renewed Justice, to have 2 active tethers for Big Game Hunter, which both count towards the trait. This is not very realistic, as the timer of the first tether will still run out over time but I thought still a bug worth reporting.

Edit (another bug):
- If Whings of Resolve/F2 on Dragonhunter is used, while channeling Renewed Focus, the jump part of F2 will not go to the target but instead causes the character to jump in place as you can see in this video (from cat):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380903704808652801/1011032196804509726/Gw2-64_pIqu1gI5VQ.mp4

Potentially unintended behavior:
- Some weapon skills have a long aftercast, which can be interrupted by weapon stowing or sometimes moving. This can have a big impact on someone's DPS and doesn't seem intended. Some examples:
(Cast time in ms - Cast time with aftercast -> cast time without aftercast): 
Gs4 640ms -> 240ms (-400ms saved)
Gs5 830ms -> 450ms (-380ms saved)
Focus 4 670ms -> 460ms (-210ms saved)
Sw3 1400ms -> 1200ms (-200ms saved)

It would be nice to clarify, if this is intended.  It can be argued that either it is intended, because it allows skill expression or unintended and undesirable because this makes a class unnecessarily hard to play.

- Renewed Justice resets are very inconsistent. Generally resets happen in instanced content on enemies that reward experience on death but this has changed over the years and is very confusing. 
Below is a list of Renewed Justice resets from the SC Helpdesk Discord. Some adds on Sabetha used to give resets but this changed a year ago. Making resets more consistent and understandable would help making the class more accessible, as we have this information but a beginner does not.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qp-SskCvNjo_d6CRDY1Vy_EUwFsbsEdAPzXh48Sj-EM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by supporthero.4520
Incorrect information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

21 hours ago, supporthero.4520 said:

- Greatsword 2/Whirling Wrath only creates one Combo Whirl Finisher instead of creating one for every single projectile.

It's the Guardian whirling around that counts as the finisher, not the projectiles. If the projectiles were intended to be combo finishers, the tool tip would state Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile, but it doesn't. It explicitly says the finisher is the whirl.

Thus, I strongly doubt this is a bug. It's far more likely that you misinterpreted the combo portion of this ability.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's the Guardian whirling around that counts as the finisher, not the projectiles. If the projectiles were intended to be combo finishers, the tool tip would state Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile, but it doesn't. It explicitly says the finisher is the whirl.

Thus, I strongly doubt this is a bug. It's far more likely that you misinterpreted the combo portion of this ability.

You're both slightly off here. Whirl finishers are supposed to (?) proc for each full rotation the player does, so Whirling Wrath *should* proc 3 times but currently only procs it once.

Here are some before/after videos showing it proccing three times and now only once. Not sure which update broke it.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380903704808652801/844614728952315984/jIWE8GSWNm.mp4 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380903704808652801/994121117281304616/G2vK3G5yTr.mp4

• Thanks 3

One bug that i experience a lot on firebrand is that if you burn your mantras to 0 for example in wvw than next time when cooldown ticks it show you 3 stacks instead of 1 than once youll use that wrongly displaying 3 mantra which should be 1 it show 0 again (make sence you had 1 not 3).. sometimes its really confusing. And it happning to me lot. For example when i play wvw for 2 hours as HFB.. there is always multiple occurrence of this bug.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

One bug that i experience a lot on firebrand is that if you burn your mantras to 0 for example in wvw than next time when cooldown ticks it show you 3 stacks instead of 1 than once youll use that wrongly displaying 3 mantra which should be 1 it show 0 again (make sence you had 1 not 3).. sometimes its really confusing. And it happning to me lot. For example when i play wvw for 2 hours as HFB.. there is always multiple occurrence of this bug.

Probably something like this?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/835147344311091220/1011405260234969250/crop-cw-mantra-bug.mp4

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, supporthero.4520 said:

- On Firebrand, if you weapon swap immediately after casting Axe 2, you will be unable to do press any skills with a cast time for about 0.5 seconds on your swapped weapon. This happens consistently.

This is the worst bug due to how consistent it is and also seems to happen if you swap at any point before the cast is finished, not just on immediate swap (I mostly get it when I'm too eager and swap when the bar is like 99% full). Also I somehow doubt the figure of "0.5 seconds", when I get it, it feels more like 2-3 seconds.

There also seems to be a rather rare bug where entering tome gets interrupted randomly.

Edited by Massimoni.9453

5 hours ago, Massimoni.9453 said:

Also I somehow doubt the figure of "0.5 seconds", when I get it, it feels more like 2-3 seconds.

I recorded a few attempts and went frame by frame and it seems to be anywhere from 0.2 seconds to a full second. I'm not very sure. It seems very inconsistent. I figured 0.5 seconds is a good average to write down.