EU PVE - The Claymore and the Compass [Maps]...a small guild for older players, where enjoying the journey is as important as getting there...

Gobhoblin.7582

Wotcha!

The Claymore and the Compass [Maps] is a smallish PVE focused guild (EU and English speaking) for older players of the game (30+ ish) where people can play without any fuss or drama, and we're looking to find a few new friends to join us.

Created to be a safe haven from sweaty try-hards, we understand that real life must come first and that sometimes mid-dungeon you might need to help your dog with it's homework, or walk your children. That's cool with us - we'll make a cup of tea and wait for you to come back...might even put some washing on. You won't find high pressure speed runs here because our zimmer frames aren't up to moving quickly because we believe in taking our time with content and enjoying the journey. While we'll always do our utmost to earn the shinies, we also want to have fun while we do it.

If you're tired of playing on your own, but don't want to end up as just another number in a huge guild, we might be what you're looking for. We welcome new players and veterans alike - we don't care what your profession or build is, and couldn't give a toss about your gear..after all, it's your character - play him/her/they how you like! We would rather make great new friends than have the latest cookie-cutter gear/build etc...

We're mostly open world PVE - exploring, farming, achievement hunting, fishing, guild missions, story and someone is usually working on a legendary. There's usually something going on most evenings (Fractals are quite popular right now) and we have scheduled stuff happening most weeks -  Guild Missions on Tuesdays, Saturday Strikes, Friday Fractals and Wednesday RWaids...if it alliterates, we're doing it!

We are based in the UK and tend to play GMT evenings and weekends....but there's usually people about throughout the day...

We occasionally dip into WvW (Ring of Fire - don't laugh) where we tend to run around like scared rabbits. Right now there's only a few of us playing on the same server - if the new guild based system is ever implemented, we'll be looking to do a lot more!

PvP...yeah, not so much.

We have the obligatory Discord server, although you don't have to use it if you'd rather not talk, and we've just got a shiny guild hall (Isle of Reflection) which is a work in progress! now fully levelled up and even features two jumping puzzles, a skiff racing course and a roller beetle track (that will be finished one day, honest!).

Our only real rule we expect you to follow is 'don't be a d*ck'.  😉

If any of this sounds doable, you can whisper or mail us in game (gobhoblin.7582, isenbras.4982, katharine.9815, viola.8027 or vvaarr.7958), message me here or reply in this thread!

•  
Edited by Gobhoblin.7582
language not sentancing properly
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gobhoblin.7582 changed the title to EU PVE - The Claymore and the Compass [Maps]...a small guild for older players, where enjoying the journey is as important as getting there...
  • 2 weeks later...

We still have room for a couple more!

If you love drama and enjoy being shouted at by teenagers because you're not running an alacrity build...then we're probably not the guild for you.

If, however, you like to mosey through the game playing whatever build/class you like, sipping a cup of tea and maybe munching a biscuit, we might be what you're looking for. New to the game, returning vet or old hand - all are welcome. While we do (usually) get the job done, we're more interested in making friends and having a good time in-game rather than monstering through content.

If you're interested, you can send us your credit card details whisper or mail us in game (gobhoblin.7582, isenbras.4982, katharine.9815, viola.8027 or vvaarr.7958), or message me here or reply in this thread.

Edited by Gobhoblin.7582
words sentencing properly not
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Shameless bump time!

We offer a casual, friendly atmosphere where new, old and returning players can relax and enjoy the game in a drama free environment....if you want to do some group content, but are tired of pugging it, or if you just want to have a giggle with some like-minded players - we might be what your looking for...

...but don't take my work for it - check out what some of our members have to say:

"Without doubt the best guild I've ever been in...there, I said it, can I have my 5 gold now?"
Eve Enbettyr, Blacktide

"Whatever"
The Moulin Rogue, Piken Square

"This product is excellent - would recommend. Postage was very quick - four stars!"
Mrs M. Adeupname, Colchester

We run two/three events a week, but these are never compulsory and players are welcome to attend or not as they see fit. We have a lively Discord server, with both voice and text - players are encouraged to use it, but again - it's not compulsory. We do ask that you join a voice channel for group events - you only need to listen, there's no need to talk if you don't want to, but it saves us a lot of typing! 

We're mostly PvE, but have been known to dip into WvW to give our enemies a good, hard running away from thrashing! PvP is not really our natural habitat, but it does happen from time to time!

We have a number of 10 year veterans who are happy to give advice on all facets of the game (or sneakily wiki the answer if we don't know)...but we will never insist players use any build/gear/class. It's your game - play it how you want.

Our only real rules are to respect your fellow players, help out where possible...and of course, naked Thursdays.

We firmly believe that the reward chest at the end of the mission is only really worth it if we've had a great time along the way!

If you're interested, you can whisper or mail us in game (gobhoblin.7582, isenbras.4982, katharine.9815, viola.8027 or vvaarr.7958), message me here or reply in this thread!

Edited by Gobhoblin.7582
words sentencing properly not
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Ka-bump!

Are you looking for a guild that will train you, gear you and give you a guaranteed spot in a successful team that will regularly complete the raids of your choice? 

Me too!...but until we find it, there's always The Claymore and the Compass [Maps]!

Tired of not being in the same guild as us? Well you're in luck, because we're looking to recruit a few new people, and our standards have never been lower! 

We're still a friendly group of mostly older (30+) players whose keen gaming senses and ninja reflexes have long since atrophied away and been replaced by tea and biscuits. We offer a stress and drama free environment - where while we do usually reap a chest full of shinies, our main objective is to simply have fun...for more details see all the other posts in this thread - some of them are almost true!

For the busy player who doesn't have time to waste reading my lies about our frankly lacklustre guild - here's the TL:DR:

[Maps] is recruiting blah blah guild hall blah blah events blah blah discord blah blah naked Thursdays blah blah all levels welcome blah.

If you're interested, you can whisper or mail us in game (gobhoblin.7582, isenbras.4982, katharine.9815, viola.8027 or vvaarr.7958), message me here or reply in this thread!

Edited by Gobhoblin.7582
  • Haha 2

This guild sounds just the right type for me! Im a returning player , 28 years old father to be (hope the age difference of expected age isnt a problem for you ☺️

i also have discord if you guys using it for casual talk and stuff,

my character name is Prey of Mist , a revenant lvl 76 atm,

also got a level 80 thief from 2012 when the game launched 😅.

discord is ConfusionTX#5322, hope to hear from you!

Returning player here, who has pretty much forgotten how to play and is relearning the game.

I am old (lets just say 40+) and unfortunately due to pretty heavy treatment for the c word i am never going to have the best reactions in the world

But i am sociable and happy to help guildmates out and will be active in any new guild home

Trev

Edited by trev.1045

Hmmm... Appreciative words extolling the virtues of your whit and self-degradation go here. Truly life skills acquired only after having lived through 30, a child at 40 and finally finding yourself at 50 only to realise you did it all the wrong and spending what remains trying to be a child again... Imagine we could alt in real life?

Anyways...

I figured that's long enough for you to brew your tea or at least find your spectacles. Washing still needs to be done and your toddler may inadvertently have squashed your dog (so patient, so flat) - love and the myriad ways you go about expressing it!

Your guild sounds interesting, a dose of senility and sentimentality I find refreshing. Will definitely be considering putting in an application in future.