EU PVE - The Claymore and the Compass [Maps]...a small guild for older players, where enjoying the journey is as important as getting there...

Gobhoblin.7582

Hi there

Your guild sounds like it would be right up my alley, although I'm a "coffee" and biscuit player. I also am on a NA server as I live on the west coast of Canada (gmt -8), not sure if that would work out so well with timing, tho I do play in my mornings and afternoons as well so maybe. Anyway if you wouldn't mind one of your non rebellious colonist in your group let me know.

Edited by Nomad.1593

1 hour ago, Nomad.1593 said:

Hi there

Your guild sounds like it would be right up my alley, although I'm a "coffee" and biscuit player. I also am on a NA server as I live on the west coast of Canada (gmt -8), not sure if that would work out so well with timing, tho I do play in my mornings and afternoons as well so maybe. Anyway if you wouldn't mind one of your non rebellious colonist in your group let me know.

Hiya!

You'd be more than welcome here, but sadly we're on the EU servers, so in order to play with us you'd need to switch from the NA server you're on...which is a big step, as you'd no longer be able to play with anyone from your original server. We do have a couple of 'colonists' who have either switched, or started a second account across the water with us, however, it's a big move to make...

As far as times go, there's usually someone about most of the day, but our busiest times (during the week) are UTC 5pm to midnight (ish).

If you're still interested, let us know!

Hi! I play on EU and just returned to the game again. I played it 10 years ago until HoT (took a break and moved to FF14) and again when PoF came out. So far I am enjoying the game again but found I have no one to play with and couldn't find like minded people. I work a lot and play other single player games when I can. so your guild sounds like a good place for me to be in and manage that balance haha. hope I can join! 

8 hours ago, Darkkent.4389 said:

Hi! I play on EU and just returned to the game again. I played it 10 years ago until HoT (took a break and moved to FF14) and again when PoF came out. So far I am enjoying the game again but found I have no one to play with and couldn't find like minded people. I work a lot and play other single player games when I can. so your guild sounds like a good place for me to be in and manage that balance haha. hope I can join! 

Invite sent and welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, are you guys still taking on strays?

Returned to the game after a few years off and see all these strike missions and whatnot - i'm scared and alone, please help.

I've got a load of different classes and just play for fun but none of my friends still play. I used to enjoy guild missions and all that jazz and you sound like just the right group.

So what do you think?

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Drol.8423 said:

Hi, are you guys still taking on strays?

Returned to the game after a few years off and see all these strike missions and whatnot - i'm scared and alone, please help.

I've got a load of different classes and just play for fun but none of my friends still play. I used to enjoy guild missions and all that jazz and you sound like just the right group.

So what do you think?

Cheers.

I feel your pain - I took a long break just before HoT came out - when I came back everyone was zooming about on dragons!

Invite sent - look forward to meeting you in game!

I'm interested in joining.

I played before, took a break, forgot everything and am now levelling a new character, so consider me a new player. Late 40-ies, FFXIV background, playing in my couch with gamepad, PC hooked to the TV, feet on the table. 🙂 I like both having some me-time in the game as well as doing stuff with other people.

Heya!

Totally with you on the ingame me-time...while we do like people to join in now and again (otherwise, why join?) our Discord is not a necessity (although we do advise using it during 'guild stuff' coz our typing is horrible) and the aforementioned 'guild stuff' isn't compulsory - feel free to come and go as you please!

Invite coming your way... 🙂

Hi,

I'm very much interested in joining your guild.

I'm a 35 year old casual gamer who is looking for a guild which has a relaxing vibe with people who knows that sometimes family comes first.

I usually play support, so I'm hoping there are plenty of oppertunities to help out in PvE activities.

Hope the guild is still looking for new members.

/Snoozekinezzar

Edited by Snoozious.1956
Extra info

19 hours ago, Snoozious.1956 said:

Hi,

I'm very much interested in joining your guild.

I'm a 35 year old casual gamer who is looking for a guild which has a relaxing vibe with people who knows that sometimes family comes first.

I usually play support, so I'm hoping there are plenty of oppertunities to help out in PvE activities.

Hope the guild is still looking for new members.

/Snoozekinezzar

Invite sent, and welcome!

Family, and all aspects of real life will always come first with us - it's never a problem to take a break from [insert content here] and pick it up again when everyone is ready.

We are currently running Strikes on Saturdays - always nice to have another support player on hand for those, plus our Discord has a busy 'lfg' (looking for guildies) channel where members can request help/or organise guild groups for all content.

Look forward to meeting you in game!  🙂

19 hours ago, Kianos.6235 said:

Your guild sounds lovely! Is representing it mandatory? If not, I'd love to join.

I've never understood mandatory representing - at least not since repping ceased to generate points for the guild in question.

We're not fussed - it's nice if you tag up when/if you're doing something with us (only because it looks cool!), but our egos are just about strong enough to cope with players displaying other letters than [Maps] after their names! 

Invite sent - look forward to meeting you in game! 🙂

I'd like to apply for a seat in [Maps] as well 🤗 I"m a 49 year old male player from The Netherlands. I love doing me time in game, but if the guildruns fit my waking time or help is needed, I'd probably tag along.  Reading Guildchat tends to sooth my brain, and your guild seems positively charged. Also love WvW although  WvW does not love me ^^ have 6 or 7 lvl 80's and master none of them but like them all. Hope you still are recruiting.

1 hour ago, tracrusher.5319 said:

I'd like to apply for a seat in [Maps] as well 🤗 I"m a 49 year old male player from The Netherlands. I love doing me time in game, but if the guildruns fit my waking time or help is needed, I'd probably tag along.  Reading Guildchat tends to sooth my brain, and your guild seems positively charged. Also love WvW although  WvW does not love me ^^ have 6 or 7 lvl 80's and master none of them but like them all. Hope you still are recruiting.

Although we do like meeting and playing with new people, we get that 'me-time' is important - so no-one here will ever pressure you to sign up for stuff. 

Invite sent - look forward to meeting you in-game! 🙂

Hullo,

Are you still recruiting? If so then I would love to join.

I am a little north of the 30+ mark, but have been a keen MMO player for too many years. Recently purchased the game having had such a wonderful and refreshing free experience for a few months.

Keen to learn more about the game at a relaxed pace with friendly folks.

I am definitely  a journey type player rather than a race to the end. Also prefer playing with others, even if it means slowing down my almost tortoise like progression.

9 hours ago, Bado.5794 said:

Hullo,

Are you still recruiting? If so then I would love to join.

I am a little north of the 30+ mark, but have been a keen MMO player for too many years. Recently purchased the game having had such a wonderful and refreshing free experience for a few months.

Keen to learn more about the game at a relaxed pace with friendly folks.

I am definitely  a journey type player rather than a race to the end. Also prefer playing with others, even if it means slowing down my almost tortoise like progression.

Hiya mate - we'd love to have you!

Invite sent - looking forward to meeting you in-game! 🙂

This sounds awesome!  I'm on EU and am a returning player - last played in 2014.... so a LOT to catch up on and remember/revisit. I like dungeons, WvW, group content and pina coladas. If you still have some spots available, I'd love to come join. 🙂

1 hour ago, ObaOne.1564 said:

This sounds awesome!  I'm on EU and am a returning player - last played in 2014.... so a LOT to catch up on and remember/revisit. I like dungeons, WvW, group content and pina coladas. If you still have some spots available, I'd love to come join. 🙂

We also like pina coladas - and getting caught in the rain...hmm, someone should write a song about that.  😉

WvW is a bit tricky until Anet finally gets around to this re-structuring they keep promising - a chunk of us are on Ring of Fire, but we're scattered all over the EU servers for the most part.

Anyhoo - invite coming your way as soon as myself or an officer can log in... 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I am definitely older 🙂 in  my 50's to be exact. I just returned after 7 year break and looking for a guild that is active, fun, and ok with a person relearning the game. I play daily and enjoy WwW. Please let me know If I could join you all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilmonyb.8795 said:

Hello,

I am definitely older 🙂 in  my 50's to be exact. I just returned after 7 year break and looking for a guild that is active, fun, and ok with a person relearning the game. I play daily and enjoy WwW. Please let me know If I could join you all.

Grab a zimmer frame and help yourself to some complimentary prunes!

Invite on its way...🙂

Hey there, 

Early 30s here and wanting to join a casual guild. I'm an absolute beginner as I just started yesterday.

I was playing WoW until last week but I just really couldn't stand the amount of clutter on my screen. (Guess I'm being old lol.)

Looking forward to chill with y'all. Thanks!

30 minutes ago, adiosmofo.2973 said:

Hey there, 

Early 30s here and wanting to join a casual guild. I'm an absolute beginner as I just started yesterday.

I was playing WoW until last week but I just really couldn't stand the amount of clutter on my screen. (Guess I'm being old lol.)

Looking forward to chill with y'all. Thanks!

Wotcha!

The Guild Wars UI is fairly un-cluttered...but the game more than makes up for that with all those armour and skill particle effects!

Invite sent!