Game Completely Unplayable Right Now

15 minutes ago, Seer.7320 said:

I see it also, playing on EU server and my ping is 600-5k, thankful to get credit for Octa vine, but the lag hurts, hopefully its fixable:(

Yeah my running theory has died. But this ping this is killer. Sucks for me, my ping is nearly reaching higher than my playtime and that's kind of difficult considering I have reach more than 8k hours XD

• Like 1

Yeah playing from Australia here too. Since the Steam launch its now unplayable. I keep getting log in server errors while in game (never had this before and been playing daily for a while now). Checked the firewall and made sure GW2 was going through. 

• Like 1

Yep, another Aussie. WA to login server (TCP not ICMP) 123ms. Anet and return path 3210 return. RTT is therefore 3300+. Nothing to do with our ping to server... simply Anet- wvw has way too many calculations for the server to cope with/or/and Amazon servers are garbage. Take your pick of either. Do everyone a favour Anet and swap out the mainland servers in NA and use something like Hawaii. That way we can send the TCP packets via seagull which would be far quicker than using your return path suppliers. Just before you pull the old-ya have a potato comp... line is 1Tb down and 400 up. Ram is 32mb. 

• Like 1

Like many others ill just mention that I too (Aus east coast) am having horrible ping. Even last night it would sit at 320 then while in combat it would jump to 500-600.

A big boss was being taken down by AT LEAST! 50 people and my ping went to 3200. The I couldn't dismount or cast any spells. Then the game crashed. Also getting the connection error constantly.

Hope the fix it soon!

Edited by Grassmaan.2381
Spelling

Another Aussie here! Ping here has been all over the place. Before today it was 200-250 on average, today it jumps between 250 and 500 in a low population area and at times skills took longer to activate. Trying to fight Shadow Behemoth the ping only registered just over 1k on the Options screen, but it felt like 10k plus and none of my skills were activating, they were constantly in 'casting' state and I could not attack anything. I even disconnected once. After reconnecting the event was still going and my skills were still not working. However, I just did the Svanir Shaman world boss and the ping sat at around 350-400, skills had maybe a half second delay but it was still somewhat playable. I would hate to play like this in raids. Anyway, make of that what you will, but like everyone else I hope this is fixed soon.

• Like 3

I have submitted a ticket to support on our behalf and posted to them on Twitter about the issue as well because hopefully this kind of thing would be considered a high priority.

I linked to this post in both instances, so keep this post active with issues and any other things you discover that could be associated with the issue 🙂

• Like 2